Votes: 4 17.4%
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys, I recently cleared my headlights, and also bought two kinds of bulbs for them. The silverstar bulbs are somewhat amber color, with a chrome tint to them, and it shines amber. It looks good, and is really noticable during the day.

The other was a pair of Xenon Chromes. These are a solid chrome color, and shine "xenon white" as the package says. They are a little less noticable during the day, but have no problems at night.

The Silverstar bulbs still have a little amber tint to them, as one of the pictures shows. But they shine great. And the Xenon chrome bulbs really complete the look, but are less noticable during the day.

So I ask, which would you go for?

Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
406 Posts
Since your truck is blue, go Silverstar. They give it a kind of blue rainbowy color, which flows with the truck.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, I'm thinking even though the Silverstars have a bit of an amber tint to them, they are so much more noticable. I think I may be concerned with others not seeing the Xenons as well.
That, and something tells me that Michigan requires amber turn signals, but I can't find anything on it now...
Well anymore opinions are welcome
Thanks

·
Registered
385 Posts
Just for GP I would go for whats more visible during the day... it might just save you from some a-hole not noticing your turn signal... besides they dont look any different to me...

·
AndIHopeYouLikeRamminToo!
1,438 Posts
I have the silverstars in mine. Most states require them to shine amber when lit. Plus they go nice with my headlight bulbs.

Attachments

·
--> UNITY <--
2,417 Posts
I also run the silverstars with my lights, and think they look work great

·
Banned
2,452 Posts
where did you buy the silverstars? i heard walmart from the local performance shop and from kragen... anyone else know?

·
--> UNITY <--
2,417 Posts
viper24 said:
where did you buy the silverstars? i heard walmart from the local performance shop and from kragen... anyone else know?
Got my heads and fogs off eBay for a really good deal, but had to get my turns from AutoZone $20+

·
Registered
461 Posts
I like the Silverstars better because they give off a different shade of amber compared to the factory bulbs when lit. I was thinking of replacing the factory bulbs with clear versions until I saw your pics, now I'm going to get the Silverstars.

·
Registered
10,637 Posts
viper24 said:

I just got mine from Wally-world this past weekend... I was shocked at the variety of both Xenon and Siverstar bulbs they carried... When I first got there, I was reluctant that would carry them, When I found them, I was even more doubtful they would have them for the dodge... And guess what, They did..

I say the SilverStar Lights bro! They look sweet! Also, My brother, who is a diehard import tuner says the silverstar are better quality, last longer, and dont create as many heat issues as the Xenons (Metling harnesses, etc from too high a wattage)

·
Registered
684 Posts
got my Silverstars from Pep Boys heads were 40.00 and the turn sigs were 10.00 for a pair

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.