DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
driving my D down the road and it comes to a screaching halt.....i mean screaching.

the retaining nut on my pinion CAME OFF!!! the pinion fell back into the diff and locked up the carrier destroyed the ring gear, blew the yoke and drive shaft off which banged around on the road and ruined them.this nut is tourqed at 90lbs! and it takes removing the drive shaft to take it off.....mine just came off on the street.....jesus christ, I have 6 grand in a d worth 3.

·
Banned
8,865 Posts
ouch!!

·
Registered
190 Posts
That sucks, sorry to about it!

·
Registered
545 Posts
You should get a few pictures of the diff with the cover off... and while you are at it, you should get a few pictures of the Rango and the Maxxis tires...... :)

·
USAF MOPAR MILITARY BRAT
3,441 Posts
Sucks! How fast were ya goin?

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well, Its going to run me a grand to get a used housing,LSD,gears,etc.......and install. Still can't figure out how this has happened? That nut is tourqed to 90lbs when its put on, plus you have to take the drive shaft off the even mess with it? WTF!!!!!!!!!! :VHOT:

I am getting strapped because of this D, I just dumped 5 grand into building it up for those of you that forgot.......talk about rotten luck, I got it!

Mike, I never put pics on of the D? sorry man, been forgetful lately. I finally went and bought a new camera about 2 months ago. I will get some up as soon as it get done. You want pics of the destruction inside my diff? I will try to get Ronnie(my shop man) to let me know when he takes it all out.

I was runnning 25 mph when it happened.....I hit 0 mph real fast and real loud.....bad on the tires, bad on the BRAND NEW tranny....just bad all around.

Guess I need to edit my sig to now working on 4th Trak-lock.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Do you need a new trak-lok? I have mine for sale... with new bearings already installed...... I decided not to swap it out and instead save up the money for the powertrax instead....

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
nah....thanks though. Ronnie found a used housing with all the LSD innards and put it on. It blew a hole in the housing! apparently I have identified a weak link in the 9.25 setup. The bearing on the front of the Pinion is extremely small and turns at a remarkable rate, always the first to go I found out. It may have been my problem.....still cant figure out how the retaining nut came off.

anyway, 1000 bucks had it fixed pretty quick.....still havent picked it up yet.

I am starting to get shaky about the D's reliability....bad things keep happening.

·
Registered
545 Posts
I say.... find a good D60 and put it in... and while you are at it... get a D60hp or D44hp and put it up front... you wouldn't need to worry about the 9.25 ne more :)

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
yeah.....I know..... :mad:

9.25 is a big rear for the D.....real big I think, unless you get extreme on the tire sizes.Just bad that I keep having crap happen.
Anyway, I am going to finally pick it up tommorow.....going to the woods this weekend.Keep your fingers crossed for me.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.