DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
since this is the performance section, everyone post your performance goals and some ways you plan to get there

my goal is to have my 05 QC, 2wd hemi ram to run mid 13's or better all motor and eventually low 12's on spray. my end goals will probably end up being a 6.1 with all forged internals, big cam, and ported heads and intake with a 2 stage 200hp (total) shot of nitrous

·
Registered
5,680 Posts
With your goals that you have set, with the mod's that you want, you should be there with little or no problem. Just don't forget the slicks. lol

·
the sky is the limit
1,309 Posts
Path 1: keep the big billy badass truck look with the big tires and 4x4 look but install an STS Turbo.

Path 2: 2/4 drop and build up my truck. cam, longtube headers, electric fan, then gears. and i guess ill remove my 4x4 emblem so i dont get laughed at :D

·
the sky is the limit
1,309 Posts
badblackhemi said:
my goal is just not to blow up my motor/tranny when i install the cam/heads with the dual stage! haha
yep that is gonna be one badass machine my friend :rck: :rck: :rck:

·
Registered
3,898 Posts
Well, my goal doesn't involve the truck I have now. But . . . . . this is it:

Dodge Ram QC Cummins 4x4 (preferrably 5.9L)
Automatic
6" Lift
37" mud tires
Twin turbo
Stacked programmers
200 HP injectors
Propane injection
Straight piped
Billet tranny
Torque converter

Hello 12 second 1/4 mile!

2,395 Posts
sandiegohemi said:
Well, my goal doesn't involve the truck I have now. But . . . . . this is it:

Dodge Ram QC Cummins 4x4 (preferrably 5.9L)
Automatic
6" Lift
37" mud tires
Twin turbo
Stacked programmers
200 HP injectors
Propane injection
Straight piped
Billet tranny
Torque converter

Hello 12 second 1/4 mile!
That'll be awsome..but i'm selling my truck if i dont hit 11's with the setup im planning!!

·
Registered
3,898 Posts
badblackhemi said:
That'll be awsome..but i'm selling my truck if i dont hit 11's with the setup im planning!!
Money can buy 11's! But if you don't hit it in your truck, get a diesel. It'll be much easier to make it quick.

·
Registered
841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
oh i definately see dropping the rear of my truck to match the front, traction bars, and some 17"x10" wheels with slicks, a lil weight over the rear tires, and some 4.56 gears

2,395 Posts
sandiegohemi said:
Money can buy 11's! But if you don't hit it in your truck, get a diesel. It'll be much easier to make it quick.
well ya i know if i had alot of money i could easily hit 11's. but i want to do it like my truck is now but with the cam/heads and dual stage! but ya, if i dont do it for some reason, i will definately be getting a 2500 quad cab short bed 4X4 with the cummins!!

·
Registered
3,898 Posts
hemi-dad said:
oh i definately see dropping the rear of my truck to match the front, traction bars, and some 17"x10" wheels with slicks, a lil weight over the rear tires, and some 4.56 gears
A lot depends whether you want to be quick in the 1/8th or 1/4 mile. From what I have read, 4.56 gears will improve your 1/8th mile times, but you can run out of steam in the 1/4. Someone on here installed 4.56's and noticed a .2 improvement in the 1/8th and no improvement in the 1/4. Just food for thought.

Some of the most common (and least expensive mods) are:

- Programmer
- Headers (longtubes or Edelbrock TES headers)
- Cutout
- Air intake (I've read the AFE and Air_Ram are the best)

Those mods alone will make your truck pretty quick. From there, you can get some lightweight 17's, torque converter, 6.1 cam and use weight reduction at the track. Personally, I'd rather run a little slower than completely stripping my truck to run a few tenths quicker in the 1/4 mile. But then again, I'm not an avid racer like some guys on here.

As you mentioned earlier, spray will definitely make you quicker. But I think all these mods are easily attainable, as opposed to getting crazy and putting $15,000 into my truck. Don't get me wrong, we'd all love to do that. But if someone has $15,000 to blow on something, I'd spend it on getting an SRT10 or modding a diesel.

2,395 Posts
yea i ran my truck in FULL street trim: spare, tailgate, with 3/4 tank of gas and my 60-70lbs of stereo stuff! 5100lbs!!! and that's when i ran a 13.22, so just from that i know if i used weight reduction that i could have easily hit high 12's!!

·
Inertia ROCKS!!!!
12,164 Posts
My goal is to have my truck running mid 13's on my 20's N/A. Things left to do are APS torque converter, and maybe some head work. I also NEED to repaint my roll pan, install a proper drop, upgrade the stereo without a sub(no added weight), and alarm. I also might do a small 50-75HP shot-o-nitrous, and I wouldn't mind a different hood and front bumper cover.......never ends.....mo money mo money...

·
All Around Great Guy
12,674 Posts
I would like to be in the low 14's with 20's. Don't know how much it is going to take to get there, guess we'll find out though won't we!

·
HC-Racing,LLC
1,841 Posts
I'm thinkin' along the lines of my final setup being my 4.56 gears, my current exhaust setup with the poss. addition of cut outs and removal of cats, my 6.1 cam and springs that are on the way, and a air amount of spray until my wideband says its time to call it quits.
My current delima is trying to figure out what a good wheel and tire package is for the track in this truck..
L.

·
Relentless
1,859 Posts
My goals......to at least run 14's :thatfunny Im tired of running mid 15's...other than that:

SRT-10 Hood, Roll Pan, SRT-10 22s, 3 - 4.5 Drop maybe all depends on when i get my 22's, SRT-10 Spoiler, Git rid of the woodgrain interior, and finish installing my stereo system. Id love to do a 6.1 cam and a Torque Converter but i cant do those my self cause i have never put a cam or torque converter in :help:

·
TRICK TURBO
3,865 Posts
As long as Lpfan4life never outruns me i'll be ok.. JK.. :D

Leather as soon as my guy can do it.. Just got my roll pan and billet front end a few days ago(not installed) Trac lok and headers with y and cutout should show any day.. Will do electric fan and NOS next month.. We'l see how she runs with spray before the cam.. If i can hit 13's w/o i may not go into the motor.. CTD Mega Cab 2wd layed out on 26's will be my next truck.. And the wheels for once will not be slowin me down :rck:

·
the sky is the limit
1,309 Posts
ctd on 26's wow

1 - 20 of 57 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.