DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
4,819 Posts
Not bad the first time i took my 96 sport off road w/3" lift and 33s i tore the roll pan off my mopar brushed alum. grill guard folded back under the truck.

·
Registered
503 Posts
I got a call at 2:30am this moring because my friend got his 1972 Chevy Blazer stuck in about 4-5 feet of water. Always fun seeing a Dodge pull a chevy out of a swamp. Apparently he misjudged how deep the the pothole was and his motor shut off about half way through. He was able to get it home, But he called me to say his motor ( a brand new 454 crate motor) wouldn't start this morning. Ouch.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just put on a 3"lift and 33s today too. I already had a winch on , good thing cause I had to winch my self out of some deep mud. Iam still sour about hitting that stump tho and breaking half of my front end off, I guess I wasn't high enough to avoid that.

·
Bushwacker!
2,787 Posts
ouch.

mike

·
Night Rider
646 Posts
How fast were you going??? 65, 70 dare I say 80? I have never seen damage like that offroading except for highspeeds... that isn't entirely true I have seen trucks roll while rock climbing and slip, but damn, doesn't look like you were rock climbing. I have never had that kind of damage. To me it is all about deep tread and crawling through it.

Good luck with the repairs.

-Pat-

BTW Im not accusing you of bad driving, I just have never seen anything like that...

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I was going about 20 tops in high grass(see in pic) I didn't see the stump till i hit it. The dent on the side happen when I was playing in the mud and slid in to a tree :D

·
--> UNITY <--
2,417 Posts
Yeah, that sucks!!! That's why I like to look/walk around the area before I play, but things like that can still happen, I bent the hell out of my skid plate about a year ago cause of something like this. I also tore off a rear shock and mount off a old Jimmy on a stump like that

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I didn't hit it with the bumper, It went under it and smashed my tierod adjustment sleeve and my steering damper. It a good thing it didn't go off.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.