DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I am a new member on the site. Trying to sell my car and switch to the 1500 dodge. As I am shopping around I am finding that I hate the new look.(i.e. headlights etc...) I guess hate is strong...so i dislike the new look. Looks like a smaller more dakota type truck now. I do like the new 20" wheels and interior however. Does anyone feel the same way as I? Is there a substantial amount of change from the 2005 to the 2006 truck? Cause I am seriously thinking about getting the previous model. Good to be at a good forum!
Barry

·
Banned
557 Posts
The 2004 and 2005 year Hemi's are probably the best year trucks you can get. I only say that because they did few modification from 2003 such as brake revision and fuel pump related issues (stalling) amongst other things. But as for the 2006's and above, that's when they introduced MSD where 4cylinders are cut off when cruising. I really don't like the idea and you barely save gas with it anyway.

·
God bless you
871 Posts
redvtwin2 said:
Hi I am a new member on the site. Trying to sell my car and switch to the 1500 dodge. As I am shopping around I am finding that I hate the new look.(i.e. headlights etc...) I guess hate is strong...so i dislike the new look. Looks like a smaller more dakota type truck now. I do like the new 20" wheels and interior however. Does anyone feel the same way as I? Is there a substantial amount of change from the 2005 to the 2006 truck? Cause I am seriously thinking about getting the previous model. Good to be at a good forum!
Barry

Welcome to Dodgetalk! Id say get the older model, why get something you dont like. Im sure you could find a killer deal on a 04 or 05. But remember, its your money.

·
Registered
772 Posts
Yeah, the older model for me too I am afraid, I cant stand how everything has been made so angular on the dash & your right, the front looks like Dakotas bigger brother now. Wheels are hot & I would kill for a sunroof. I like the colour options better on the newer lineup also.

·
Registered
23,005 Posts
I like both actually. But if you like the 02-05 style then I say go for one of those. I'm sure you could get a killer deal on an 05 right now, I bet there are a few on the lots somewhere with next to no miles on them. Plus you can get the sunroof etc on the 05 too.

KB

·
Registered
121 Posts
I really dislike the flared eyelid styling of the 2006....starting to look like the chevy....and I positivily can NOT stand that design...

not that it matters to YOUR choice.....

·
Registered
3,048 Posts
KB112 said:
I like both actually. But if you like the 02-05 style then I say go for one of those. I'm sure you could get a killer deal on an 05 right now, I bet there are a few on the lots somewhere with next to no miles on them. Plus you can get the sunroof etc on the 05 too.

KB
I agree with Kenny. But on a side note, I hated the look of the '06s when they first came out. But now that I've seen them for a while, I like them. They look great lifted IMO. Heck, I even hated the look of the '02 3rd generations when they first came out, and now I think they are the best looking truck on the market.
Get one that you like best, and there are some great deals out there. But don't be surprised if you end up liking the '06+ after some time.

·
452 Posts
I remember I hated the '06's too when they first came out but it eventually grew on me and now I've got one

·
Registered
322 Posts
I have a 2004 and love the looks 100 times more than the "new" version. Like all other car companies, it seems that Dodge changed the looks just for the sake of changing something to call it "new and improved". I used to have a 2000 Dakota and traded that in for my Ram. I loved that Dakota as much as I do my Ram. However, I wouldn't drive a new Dakota if you paid me. I think they are ugly.

·
Lifted HEMI 4x4
5,519 Posts
bigcountry739 said:
I remember I hated the '06's too when they first came out but it eventually grew on me and now I've got one

they have grown on me too....i'd take a lifted 3/4 ton CTD anyday :rck:

but yea i do like my 04

·
Banned
557 Posts
rmcqcc said:
I have a 2004 and love the looks 100 times more than the "new" version. Like all other car companies, it seems that Dodge changed the looks just for the sake of changing something to call it "new and improved". I used to have a 2000 Dakota and traded that in for my Ram. I loved that Dakota as much as I do my Ram. However, I wouldn't drive a new Dakota if you paid me. I think they are ugly.
Indeed. For the sake of calling it new and improved. I concur.
Never fix something that isn't broken philosophy comes to mind.

·
I'm Broke..
3,614 Posts
I bought my 05 late in the year because like you the new 06 front was ugly. However as time as went on i've started to like how they look and there is definitely some awesome looking 06's on this site. Bottom line it's your money, do what will make you happy.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.