Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Dodgezilla
5,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
But I'm selling my truck!!! :huh:

I absolutely love this truck but MAN my legs are tired of the constant shifting sitting in this traffic especially after walking around on a concrete floor for 9 hours. As usual I decide to get rid of it only after I spent a fortune on it making it the way I want. I have it on E-Bay right now and have gotten a couple offers that were just a bit lower than I want to get for it.
I think the manual trans behind a diesel is a perfect combo and if I lived somewhere that didn't have so much traffic I would probably keep it for many years.
Anyways, I just thought I'd give you guys a good laugh. I change vehicles more than I change my underwear.............
If I sell it I'm either getting me another 03-04 w/ a built auto or I may even try to find a nice 2nd gen CTD but either way I will still be driving a Cummins powered pickup.
BTW, this week I have been driving an Excursion with a 6.0 Powerstroke/auto trans. My legs feel much better driving that auto and that definitely helped me to decide to switch back even though I swore I would never have another CTD/Auto truck again......

Am I :crazy: or what?!?!?!? :rck:

·
Registered
74 Posts
I know it's one of the smallest mods...but that cup holder kicks a$$. I have the G565 too and HATE the three crapply cup holders they put in there. Where did you find it?

·
Dodgezilla
5,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Genosgarage.com. The cup holder is great but if you are flying through the gears you need to watch your fingers when you pull back on the shifter. It's a bit of a pain installing it too because the latch for the center console does not always cooperate with you....

·
Diesel User
1,343 Posts
Probably cheaper to buy a elliptical machine and start working out. :1owned:

MikeyB

·
Same Name, Different Game
9,640 Posts
Man, and my brother just bought a new to him truck to pull his horse trailer. This would have looked way better in his driveway than his 2500 Chevy!

·
Registered
378 Posts
or learn to shift without the clutch.

·
Dodgezilla
5,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Maybe you can explain how to do this while sitting in bumper to bumper traffic... :director:

·
Registered
852 Posts
Got Diesel? said:
But I'm selling my truck!!! :huh:

I absolutely love this truck but MAN my legs are tired of the constant shifting sitting in this traffic especially after walking around on a concrete floor for 9 hours. As usual I decide to get rid of it only after I spent a fortune on it making it the way I want. I have it on E-Bay right now and have gotten a couple offers that were just a bit lower than I want to get for it.
I think the manual trans behind a diesel is a perfect combo and if I lived somewhere that didn't have so much traffic I would probably keep it for many years.
Anyways, I just thought I'd give you guys a good laugh. I change vehicles more than I change my underwear.............
If I sell it I'm either getting me another 03-04 w/ a built auto or I may even try to find a nice 2nd gen CTD but either way I will still be driving a Cummins powered pickup.
BTW, this week I have been driving an Excursion with a 6.0 Powerstroke/auto trans. My legs feel much better driving that auto and that definitely helped me to decide to switch back even though I swore I would never have another CTD/Auto truck again......

Am I :crazy: or what?!?!?!? :rck:

Ummm it's not really that unbelievable....and not really in my wildest dreams. Was kinda hoping for something that actually went along with that thread....anyways....i'm with ya on the auto. I would never get a manual, not for city driving. Just not worth the hassle...

·
Dodgezilla
5,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
MikeyB, It's not about being in shape, it's about getting old........:bawl:

·
Dodgezilla
5,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Pyrokid, sorry it wasn't something like me pulling 1000hp on the dyno or anything like that...... :D

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
I'm kicking around doing the same thing with my 06 Mega stick right now. I live in Houston so I understand your traffic situation.

I bought a stick so I could drive a stick again, since I missed being able to do that. Now that I bought the Viper, that filled my need to drive a stick, so I am wanting an auto DD as well. However, I don't want to loose my a$$ on my truck, so I am trying to wait and see what Dodge is going to bring out for 09. If they have something between the QC and Mega Cab, that would interest me. Or I will look for another Mega with an auto this time. Too bad we can't find someone with an auto that wants a stick..... :D

·
Dodgezilla
5,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I actually had a couple guys wanting to trade but one truck didn't have a lot of the options I need and the other was a truck plagued with problems. I decided not to go that route with those guys. I would consider trades plus cash though. I'd love to find a really low mileage 2nd gen Sport 4x4, but low mileage to most guys with CTDs means anything under 200,000 miles.....

·
Registered
378 Posts
I guess I was thinking more of slow moving traffic since he talked of constant shifting, rather than stop & go traffic. Only thing that really helps there is not sitting in gear with clutch in.

·
Diesel User
1,343 Posts
Got Diesel? said:
MikeyB, It's not about being in shape, it's about getting old........:bawl:
I hear you. I'm getting there too.......

MikeyB

·
Dodgezilla
5,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Stickler, I was just messing with you. Yes it is stop and go. I stop and I take it out of gear. Traffic moves and I press the clutch in and put it back in gear. etc, etc....... This clutch doesn't seem much harder to push in than the stock one but holding it in for a prolonged period of time is another story...
It's not stop and go the whole way home but when your legs have already taken a beating throughout the day it can still get to you.....

·
Got Torque??
461 Posts
That Sucks. That's why im glad i live out in the country and hardly ever visit major cities. the g-56 aint a bother to me. you should get some good offers, you've got a badass truck. how much you lookin to get?

·
Dodgezilla
5,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Book value is over $34000.00. I'm just trying to get $35000.00. Yeah it's nice but when you can get a new SLT for the same or even less it makes it a little hard to sell. You just have to find someone looking for a loaded vehicle. I've seen stock 07 Laramies with similar miles selling for much more than I'm asking. I've got over $5000.00 in mods and accessories on it.....

·
Dodgezilla
5,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
And if I keep it I have an idea that may make sitting in traffic easier to live with. I'll share it if it actually works. That's if it doesn't sell......
Why can't they make a standard trans with a traffic gear just for stop and go so you don't need to keep pressing the clutch pedal in??????

·
Registered
2,859 Posts
I saw it for sale in the DTR classifieds a few days ago. i Figured you eventually would tell us ;)

1 - 20 of 67 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.