DodgeTalk Forum banner

You did not place much value on the extended warranty for the engine and transmission

  • True

    Votes: 13 15.1%
  • False

    Votes: 64 74.4%
  • Not Sure

    Votes: 6 7.0%
  • No Opinion

    Votes: 3 3.5%
  • None Of The Above

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Too much violence
Joined
·
3,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

·
Too much violence
Joined
·
3,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Was having problems with system, apologies

spharis said:
Ah, Confucious also say, man who post double with double threads should have moderator merge all 4.
Was having problems with system, apologies
 

·
Too much violence
Joined
·
3,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
It's the bottom line for them! But, if you believe less is better - fine with me.

slammed1 said:
please eloborate......
Ah, memories – after reading the following link below – Suddenly! I was overcome by visions of “freaking” plagues, and swarming locus bustling around my head; with thoughts of someone has to pay for this. Good-bye warranty :D

Future R&D My - I Can't Say That :D
______
Remember this:

http://www.dodgetalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52813&page=2&pp=20

http://www.dodgetalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52813


The Dodge, and Chrysler lines have been carrying Daimler Benz's weight anyway. Who had the Hemi first? And who had the better V-10? We all know the answer to that one. They had been salivating over the Hemi, for years across the pound. Try as they may, they could not build anything over there even close to the Viper for the same money. We know - for the money, and speed; the Dodge Viper with that V-10 couldn’t be beat.

The Hemi's name alone struck fear in the hearts of many for decades. If you can't beat them - buy them ;) makes sense to me, but don't kid yourself, they are not doing the customers any favors by tossing the 7/70 warranty.

BTW, Affluent people don’t wait long for you to get your act together, they want the best, and will not settle for less. $ Mercedes Benz :SHK:RECALL
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,375 Posts
spharis said:
Ah, Confucious also say, man who post double with double threads should have moderator merge all 4.
Send us a PM with links and we will take care of it
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,238 Posts
I was very disappointed to hear about them dropping the 7-70 warranty. I just can't understand why, personally I didn't understand why people were still buying Ford and Chevy. IMO, when you have different manufacturers selling products that are so comparable (Ford, Chevy, and Dodge) and one of them raises the bar like Dodge did, I really expected the others to follow. And then Dodge drops it, to me that was HUGE! :dunno:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,315 Posts
yellowbee said:
I was very disappointed to hear about them dropping the 7-70 warranty. I just can't understand why, personally I didn't understand why people were still buying Ford and Chevy. IMO, when you have different manufacturers selling products that are so comparable (Ford, Chevy, and Dodge) and one of them raises the bar like Dodge did, I really expected the others to follow. And then Dodge drops it, to me that was HUGE! :dunno:
Probably cause it didn't affect the sales like Dodge had hoped
 

·
Jeep Driver
Joined
·
32,497 Posts
I have rarely bought extended warranties on my vehicles, but I certainly appreciate the value of them! It's just that my Dodge's have been very reliable, and I've never felt like I needed one. *knock on wood*
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,733 Posts
Back when Zetsche reset the warranty to 7/70,000 he said that this was being done to 'hold Chrysler's feet to the fire' so that vehicle quality would improve because every employee would have a stake in it. This is because bonuses are based on Chrysler's profitability.

The extention of the warranty from 3/36,000 to 7/70,000 was supposed to cost $270 per vehicle sold according to Zetsche's estimate of how quality was supposed to improve.

Why did Daimler Chrysler kill the 7/70,000 warranty?

Despite the 'Spin' in their press release about customers 'not valuing' the warranty length - the reason the warranty was killed was because quality did not improve all that much (it did a little).

With a longer warranty costing much more than the estimated $270,
DC killed it to make a higher profit.

DC can get away with this because the 300, Magnum, Dakota and Jeep GC are hot selling due to body styling and the acceleration of the 5.7 Hemi.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,315 Posts
HankL said:
Back when Zetsche reset the warranty to 7/70,000 he said that this was being done to 'hold Chrysler's feet to the fire' so that vehicle quality would improve because every employee would have a stake in it. This is because bonuses are based on Chrysler's profitability.

The extention of the warranty from 3/36,000 to 7/70,000 was supposed to cost $270 per vehicle sold according to Zetsche's estimate of how quality was supposed to improve.

Why did Daimler Chrysler kill the 7/70,000 warranty?

Despite the 'Spin' in their press release about customers 'not valuing' the warranty length - the reason the warranty was killed was because quality did not improve all that much (it did a little).

With a longer warranty costing much more than the estimated $270,
DC killed it to make a higher profit.

DC can get away with this because the 300, Magnum, Dakota and Jeep GC are hot selling due to body styling and the acceleration of the 5.7 Hemi.
In other words it was costing Chrysler too much money cause the quality is a problem and that extension is only to the drive train

Not very encouraging to us owners

Guess we will be using that 7 yr 70,000
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
890 Posts
The 7/70 played a big factor when I purchased my truck.

Where did they do this survey? Nobody asked me if I valued it or not.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
228 Posts
I don't want to get flamed here.... but I've always been a Toyota fan and I will always remember and respect the Toyota reliability & quality.

However - Toyota is a bit slow with meeting demand of vehicle *types* and didn't have what we needed so we had to venture into the American market.

We bought a used Grand Cherokee -with some fear of the reliability. After about 3 years, the Grand has been good. But the quality is poor (rear tailight needed fixed, shifter console lights don't work, water leaks in the rear pillar, electronic buttons on steering wheel are poor) etc. We towed with the Grand Cherokee for 3 years and its showing signs of wear from this excessive towing. We replaced a Subaru to buy the Grand.

After 5 years of owning my Toyota truck (110K miles) that we bought used at 60Kmiles- never had any problems with it at all and it went offroading for 5 years. Like a timex and it kepted on tickin. But we needed something that could tow.

So...we bought this Dodge Ram back in October and sold my Toyota.
I'll be competely honest - this Dodge has some BIG shoes to fill.
We DID NOT hesitate to purchase the extended warrantee on this Dodge because of the *unknown reliability factor*.
If I were buying a Toyota again - I wouldn't need the extended warrantee cuz I already know Toys are reliable.

The truck has been good and I will maintain it as perfectly as I have all my vehicles. Just yesterday was its second oil change (5700 miles). It's got Mobile One in it now.....

With that being said - I cross my fingers that this truck will treat me right. But - it's almost like I expect it to have something go wrong.
Its a shame that Dodge/Ford/Chevy have an estabished market (towing) that Toyota and others can't touch. But when it comes to quality and reliability....I wish they'd get on the ball.
I research here and other areas and I see the problems that are *out there*.

I won't even care if I have issues - as long as they are covered under warrantee (or extended warrantee) and the dealership doesn't dick me around about it. I have no faith in dealerships.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,170 Posts
I would prefer it was a option you could turn down if you want. I as it was with my 04, I had no choice on the 7/70, it was part of the cost of the truck. I've purchased around 15 new vehicles of various models and never had a powertrain issue that would have been covered by the current 7/70 warranty.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,451 Posts
This thread is confusing, to me an extended warranty is one you buy. SInce the poll was before any of the reading I voted first with a wrong vote so this poll is way off. I don't place value on those ones you buy. The 7/70 I do place value on and am upset they don't offer it any longer.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,170 Posts
Josh Brown said:
This thread is confusing, to me an extended warranty is one you buy. SInce the poll was before any of the reading I voted first with a wrong vote so this poll is way off. I don't place value on those ones you buy. The 7/70 I do place value on and am upset they don't offer it any longer.
Josh - You buy every warranty. Some are just figured into the purchase price of the vehicle and others you can purchase separately. I would prefer to have the option to turn a manufactures warranty down.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,451 Posts
DonRam said:
Josh - You buy every warranty. Some are just figured into the purchase price of the vehicle and others you can purchase separately. I would prefer to have the option to turn a manufactures warranty down.

If you think they are going to lower the price becasue the warranty is less I reallly doubt that. Dodge needs the warranty. I've used it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,451 Posts
I've had a flash to stop stalling, a new rear slider, seat worked on 3 times and still isn't right, a noise in the door worked on twice still nothing, they tried to tell me it was my aftermarket steps-WTF? That's when I lost it and sent the service writer to the floor.






Just kidding about dropping the service writer, would have if there were no laws.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,170 Posts
Josh Brown said:
If you think they are going to lower the price becasue the warranty is less I reallly doubt that. Dodge needs the warranty. I've used it.
No, but if they kept it you would just pay more. Warranty repairs do not cost the manufacture. They are just business expenses to be passed along to the consumer.
 
1 - 20 of 41 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top