DodgeTalk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry for adding another tire question to this forem but I have not had my question entirely answered by doing research

I have black 04 1500 4x4 with 20's stock. I have a set of black 17x9 inch rims that I would like to place tires on but I do not want to mess with the torsion bars

I am looking for an aggressive tire I can run without rubbing
Any thoughts on
1)33 12.5 17
2)285/70/17
3)stock 265/70/17
4)any other suggesions

Also is there any problem with running 17x9 rims instead of the stock 17x8's

Thanks

Dr G

·
Registered
32,962 Posts
You might want to consider what I have. These are Cooper STT's in the 285/70/17 size and they are the same overall Diameter as the 20's you have now. You can run them on 9" rim without any problems. Welcome to DodgeTalk by the way!

Attachments

·
I'm Broke..
3,614 Posts
Welcome to DodgeTalk! I would probably go with the 285/70 since you don't want to mess with the t-bars. Is there a reason why you don't want to crank em'?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The Cooper STT's look nice mopar.....thanks for the pic. So far it sounds like 285 is what I should go with. Looking to buy the within the next week so if anyone else has any input let me know

As for the T-bars.......I guess it is just out of stupidity........If its not on a human or on my motorcycle it is probably best if I don't try and fix it.

Thanks for the input

Dr. G

·
Lifted HEMI 4x4
5,519 Posts
Dr g said:
The Cooper STT's look nice mopar.....thanks for the pic. So far it sounds like 285 is what I should go with. Looking to buy the within the next week so if anyone else has any input let me know

As for the T-bars.......I guess it is just out of stupidity........If its not on a human or on my motorcycle it is probably best if I don't try and fix it.

Thanks for the input

Dr. G
they make the coopers in a 37x12.5x17 too....i may look into these as a next set for me

·
I'm Broke..
3,614 Posts
Dr g said:

Thanks for the input

Dr. G

Cranking the torsion bars is a very simple task. Basically all you do is crank two bolts until you get to the desired height. The only side effect will be that your stock shocks will top out on big bumps. Not a big problem though and I would recommended getting an alignment afterwards.

·
Registered Confuser
6,365 Posts
you can run 33's on a 4x4 without touching the TBs no problem. i had my 35's on for a week or 2 without touching anything and they only rubbed a very little at full turn when hittin a bump

·
Registered
127 Posts
I Like BFG Mud Terrains

l also have 20's that came stock... but for off road grip, I love my BF Goodrich Mud Terrain T/As. I am running 285-70-17 on American Racing 17 x 9 Trax wheels. Also, they have the same diameter as the stock 20s, so there is no need to reporogram your tire size. Here is a pic

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts