DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw Exhaust Depot's true dual dumped exhaust with the crossover pipe and Flowmaster 40's in a previous post. I don't quite want that much noise. I was thinking of going with a similar set up using Magnaflow di/do muffler (pt # 14398 or 14468). I think this muffler serves as a crossover pipe and muffler. Does anyone know? Also will this kill my lowend torque?

·
Banned
2,221 Posts
thundernv said:
I saw Exhaust Depot's true dual dumped exhaust with the crossover pipe and Flowmaster 40's in a previous post. I don't quite want that much noise. I was thinking of going with a similar set up using Magnaflow di/do muffler (pt # 14398 or 14468). I think this muffler serves as a crossover pipe and muffler. Does anyone know? Also will this kill my lowend torque?
I know. It will improve your low end torque IF the x-pipe muffler is in the right spot. I have the Magnaflow 14568 (5x11x22") and love it. i have lots of low end torque and had a 299 hp 345 tq dyno before my heads/cam.
I will have pics of this setup later this week. These mufflers 14468(5x8x18") and 14568(5x11x22) have the xpipe in them and it's a savings of $$ and space under the vehicle.
I love the sound and have no exhaust resonance. I've had 3 different Maganflow mufflers/setups on and this is by far the best with most power and best sound.

I know I have the 14568 on my site and if I don't have the other one I can get it. If you have more questions you can also call me at 314-603-8934.
thanks,
bob

·
Registered
240 Posts
thundernv said:

The exhaust is not that loud inside the cabin, trust me. I did one last night and he has the dumps which is the louder setup vs tailpipes coming out the rear bumper.

After the install we took it for a spin and he had a little disapointment look on his face because he said it was to quite. So i through him out of his own truck and reved it up and took it for a spin in the area and when i cam back he had a big grin. :)

The x-pipe actualy does reduce the decibles of the exhaust system. However it gives you more torque and gives you a deeper note.

·
stay tuned . . . .
234 Posts
Exhaust Depot said:
The exhaust is not that loud inside the cabin, trust me. I did one last night and he has the dumps which is the louder setup vs tailpipes coming out the rear bumper.

After the install we took it for a spin and he had a little disapointment look on his face because he said it was to quite. So i through him out of his own truck and reved it up and took it for a spin in the area and when i cam back he had a big grin. :)

The x-pipe actualy does reduce the decibles of the exhaust system. However it gives you more torque and gives you a deeper note.
Man i love the sound of my exhaust system. It is Sweet. Even at WOT with the windows down it's not horribly loud. I have the crappy factory radio for now and i can turn it up and not hear the Pipes, but i can feel the rumble. Im not Disappointed in anyway. You will not be sorry. im almost tempted to leave the dump, however that wont happen... i gotta have the chrome tips... just wouldnt be right without it.....LoL....

I'll get some pics and maybe some sound clips up later. going to Pt St lucie now.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.