DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Sold the Hemi -05/17/2011
1,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Are you guys using one or two cut outs? I was under the impression I could use one. But I went to the shop today to get it put on, and it looks like I need two. The pipes don't "Y" till it gets to the cat, and I thought everyone is putting it after the cat? Am I making any sense? lol I have a 04 Hemi RCSB.

Pics of installs please.

·
Registered
837 Posts
My understanding is these are generally installed after the cats. If it is before the cats you are gonna throw codes. My exhaust is a true dual so I have no y-pipe and will need two. Do it after the cats and you should only need one.

·
1,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
whoops sorry, I ment after cat.....but before the muffler....there's not enough space between the two though?

·
Registered
837 Posts
whoops sorry, I ment after cat.....but before the muffler....there's not enough space between the two though?
Where are you dumping out your muffler? The flowtech tube can replace any of the tubing tha tyou are running between the two. Do you have a pic of your s/u?

·
1,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
it's the stock setup....i wanted to be all stock except the cut out...i got the flowtech tube, there's no space between the cat and the stock exhaust for the flowtech?

·
Pb Pes
155 Posts
Can you move you muffler back to make room?

·
1,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Can you move you muffler back to make room?
Maybe....but then the muffler would have to be hacked off and then rewelded....more work...more money. Guess it would be cheaper than buying another cut out?

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
mine is after the cat before the muffler

·
BLACK
1,343 Posts
Mine is after the cat and before the muffler. Are you sure that you can't squeeze it in there somehow? I guess maybe the fact that you have a RC is making the distance from the y-pipe to the muffler shorter than on my truck bc I had tons of room between where the stock muffler was and the y-pipe.

·
Pb Pes
155 Posts

·
1,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Interesting....I don't have that much space, I'm going to have to go look at it again. Thank you very much for the pic.

·
Valdez Racing Team
13,913 Posts
..i'm runnin dual cutouts on my true dual setup...

Attachments

·
Registered
23,005 Posts
You will need to put it in on the Y after the cats. If I were you I'd get a magnaflow or flowmaster Y pipe and have that welded on. Then the cutout welded onto that. The stock Y is a crimped piece of crap. I have mine before the cat and muffler.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.