DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Stroke THIS
931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i see people say they have a "power wire" what exacly is this?

and i have been playing with my superchips more an more and i really dont see how i can adjust my air/fuel ratio :bawl:

and with my cam an heads think it be a good idea to do 6.1L injectors?

·
Registered
4,832 Posts
power wire is a resistor to trick your ecu into thinking the air coming in is cooler then it is.

superchips can't adjust a/f ratio

5.7 injectors should be fine. everyone that swapped to 6.1s has pretty much swapped back

·
Stroke THIS
931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
so with the heads an cam i wouldnt need to adjust the air/fuel ratio? just bolt up an install an no problem all set to go....and i wanna do an msd ignition any suggestions?

and is this "power wire" anything i shood look into or not really worth it?

·
Registered
4,832 Posts
I'd get sct or diablo and have the truck tuned. Its pretty stupid to put that much money into an engine then rely on superchips' base tuning to get it to run right. My prediction is if you leave it running superchips you destroy a piston I'll go out on a limb and say it will be #3

·
Banned
1,779 Posts
I'd get sct or diablo and have the truck tuned. Its pretty stupid to put that much money into an engine then rely on superchips' base tuning to get it to run right. My prediction is if you leave it running superchips you destroy a piston I'll go out on a limb and say it will be #3
personal experience or hearsay

·
Stroke THIS
931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
well i went with a less aggressive cam so that i didnt have to do major tuneing. you think id have a problem with my set up an not getting the diablo tuner. stu said id be perfectly fine with just a superchips tune. i figure worst comes to worst ill put it on a dyno an tune it that way. be cool to see what hp im running anyways, im really really hopeing for round 400hp after cam an heads

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
Why not tune to the max?

·
Stroke THIS
931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
cause i want middle of the road performance....mpg an balls to the walls power....i didnt wanna get into major tuneing anyways. thats y what i told stu when i called him big power an no tuning bam the crazy spartan cam up then i decided to do heads as well when i was talking to him lol impulse buy really

·
12.40 @ 105.92
3,810 Posts
I don't agree with that method of thought. If your going to invest in cam/heads then in my experience, its better to have that setup tuned by a professional. Your making a huge investment, I'd at least take a good look at some tuning solutions besides just canned tunes. Not trying to hinder your decision at all but 2 #3pistons and 5 cams have hardened my edges a bit. I believe in what tuners can do to help out with drivability, a/f, and track concerns. Just my 2cents bro.

·
Registered
4,832 Posts
There's a difference between it will run on superchips and DONE RIGHT. A good custom tune will net you better mpg and more power. You can't custom tune with superchips youd have to get a different tuner. Call me a pesimist but I don't see it making 400whp. No other 5.7 truck has made 400 NA and I don't see anything special about that combo thats going to make it perform any better then the other 20 million spartan combos out there especially with a half assed tune in it

·
Come Git Some
1,155 Posts
yeah i would say droppin that kinda cash on cam/heads you silly not to spend another $650 or 550? for SCT and free custom tunes for lift..

And for 400hp.. there are a few guys on here with supercharges only putting down 375 area.. i would be surprised if you broke that even..

But good luck on your mods!! i am hoping to be making the same call to inertia or FRI sometime soon!!

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
no need for powerwire with a tuner, I was told it would defeat the purpose.

·
Stroke THIS
931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
i talked to stu an he said if i was gonna tune it it be better to go with a spartan cam, hence why i went with the crazy spartan so no tuneing needed

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
power wire is a resistor to trick your ecu into thinking the air coming in is cooler then it is.

superchips can't adjust a/f ratio

5.7 injectors should be fine. everyone that swapped to 6.1s has pretty much swapped back
Man, what have I missed??

·
Registered
4,832 Posts
Man, what have I missed??
With real tuning it is easier to get more fuel from the stock injectors then it is to scale for new injectors. A lot of the guys couldn't get enough fuel for a head/cam ram with the psc-1 but with sct or diablo it isn't an issue for most so they put the 5.7s back in. Obviously a stroker truck like yours is a little different

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
400 hp and good gas mileage with a hemi? Ufda... Get a good tune with the cam and heads and you will not lose to much gas mileage...IF! you can keep your foot out of it!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.