Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone,

If Goodyear still makes yellow letter tires, which would look better on my black intrepid?

- Pure Black - Like I currently have it.
OR
- Yellow Letter - ala Motorsport.

Attachments

·
--> UNITY <--
2,417 Posts
That is a close toss up. I like them both. But i'm going to say yellow.

On if Godyear makes them - My buddy with a Dakota Mopar Sports edition that came with the yellow lettered goodyears and black rims. He went to by new ones after he smoked off the first ones, and he had to hunt, but he found 3, and used his forth to make a complete set. They said they stopped making them, and he bought other yellow lettered tires for this third set he's on now. But those where truck tires, you still maybe able to find yours.

·
Hotty Toddy Gosh Almighty
5,101 Posts
I LOVE the yellows but unfortunately Goodyear Discontinued the yellow letter Eagles a few years ago. They were standard on the R/T Intrepid when they built that model. Hope something cool like those turn up for you though!!

·
Layin' Low
2,032 Posts
I had a guy ask for them about a week and a half ago, and they are still made, just in certian sizes now. The yellow letter tires are should still be avalible in 225/60/16 (S. Weigel's size) because they are O.E. on the Monte Carlo Jeff Gordon edition for 2003 and 2004. I know one of the other sizes availble is 235/60/15. I can check on the Dakota ones also. Should be 255/65/16 if I am correct.

·
Hotty Toddy Gosh Almighty
5,101 Posts
Well thats sweet, I was under the impression that they were discontinued altogether. Someone told me once that they went to get a replacement set and had to settle for the blackwalls because the yellow lettered were not available anymore. That'll teach me to listen to people.

·
Layin' Low
2,032 Posts
Yea, we got the new Goodyear catalog about a month ago and they are still listed in it. Like I said though, only certian sizes they are making, basicly all the cars that came OE with them sizes.

·
Registered
649 Posts
yellow......all day long.

·
Registered
5,710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank You for the information.

I will get the Yellow hopefully soon. :D

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
i have the Goodyear "NASCAR" tires on my Dakota....the original yellow Eagles were indeed discontinued but were soon replaced by the new generation of yellow Goodyears w/ the "NASCAR" logo....great tires...mine are 235/65R15's......

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.