DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i got my 1.7rr for my d and a offroad y/pipe can really fell a jump in power next im going to order a T/B for then go get it tuned up on a cmputer thanx for yalls advise think ill take it to the strip sat. and try to suprise some of these OKYS round here in ther p/u lol

·
Registered
107 Posts
what kind of rocker arms did you get?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
mopar performance from my local dealer well worth the money

·
Registered
107 Posts
by saying well worth the money i take it they weren't cheap. Mind sharing how much they were, im looking into something like this, trying to get a ball park on how much i need to put aside. thanks

·
Northeast DDRC Webmaster
1,176 Posts
Where'd you get the Y-Pipe? How much? I'm going to do a custom 3" out from the headers to the cat. Already have 3" from the cat out. :rck:

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i had th e why pipe made a t B&S exhaust a local shop. the rocker arms i payed $429.38 at the dodge dealer. im have trouble finding some one to program the computer localy small towns sux for this kinda thing. which one of the name brands do yall suggest :crazy:

·
Northeast DDRC Webmaster
1,176 Posts
If you have the Mopar Perfromance PCM just put the key on start, and disconnect the neg batt cable. It will restart and re-configure.

·
Registered
3,722 Posts
Program the computer for what?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i need to raise the shift pionts and and advance the timeing a lil dont yall think?

·
Registered
3,722 Posts
Get a Mopar performance computer, Superchips or Hypertech programmer, or send you stock computer to B&G Chrysler, KRC, or SoCalDakota for custom programming.

·
Northeast DDRC Webmaster
1,176 Posts
Got a question. Those sensors on the y-pipe, and after the cat, do we need those? They just check the o2 before and after the cat, and let's you know if the cat is working, right? I want to do a custom 3" y-pipe, and might not make outlets for them again. What's the deal?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
you need the front o2 sensors the rear ones can go but you need to get a adapter from the fastman or something like it or you r check engine light will stay on

·
Seriously.
1,446 Posts
not only throw engine codes, but it'll run like crap. talk to dan over at thefastman.com and see what he offers in o2 sensor adapters.

rar219 said:
If you have the Mopar Perfromance PCM just put the key on start, and disconnect the neg batt cable. It will restart and re-configure.
not sure on this, but keep the key off when you're pulling cables off the battery. i wouldn't want the key on and have a wrench slip and get a good zap/battery explosion. they say to turn it on after its disconnected to make sure everything clears. not sure why it works that way, but its worked for me.

·
Hummer Recovery Vehicle
6,250 Posts
they should have 02 sims for both pre and post cat.

and like the above mentioned, it will run horribly if you just disconnect them.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
THE O2 sensor tells the computer if the engine is running to rich or to lean

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.