DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to find a stock y-pipe for my 2006 Ram 1500 5.7L to go back to stock and so far have only had a reply from a guy with one from a 2005. Are the 2005/2006 y-pipes the same?

·
MADBRAD
1,155 Posts
They are different. The 06 drivers side pipe runs under trans pan and connects to passenger side and 04-05 run the drivers side back closer to drive shaft to connect to passenger side.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They are different. The 06 drivers side pipe runs under trans pan and connects to passenger side and 04-05 run the drivers side back closer to drive shaft to connect to passenger side.
Ahh, I was afraid of that. Thanks for the reply, hopefully someone will see this who has an 06-08 stock y-pipe sitting around!

·
ricer
308 Posts
I will have one after Monday. I am having my OEM y pipe cut off and having a Magnaflow y pipe welded on.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Still looking, I need the entire assembly from behind the manifolds back to the single outlet.

·
MADBRAD
1,155 Posts
Manifolds back cats and all. Could be tough to find. Salvage yards cant legally sell used cats.

·
Valdez Racing Team
13,913 Posts
do you still have your cats? might be easier to go to a muffler shop and have one made..

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I know it will be tough, I sold mine on CL when I needed some cash. Now I need one and can't find one. I should have been more clear, I'm looking for this piece (guess I should be asking guys who switched to long tube headers).

·
"I'll go all in."
626 Posts
Does the magnaflow Y replace that piece or do you have to run LTs to use a magnaflow Y? I'd like to get rid of mine cats...

·
"I'll go all in."
626 Posts
Does it have sensor bungs in it already?

·
ricer
308 Posts
The Magnaflow y doesn't have any bungs in it. It is just a short piece of pipe replacing the OEM y, thats all, no pipe on the Magnaflow y at all.

·
Admin - David Mack
30,924 Posts
The Magnaflow y doesn't have any bungs in it. It is just a short piece of pipe replacing the OEM y, thats all, no pipe on the Magnaflow y at all.
Here you go ...

:)

Attachments

·
"I'll go all in."
626 Posts
I thought it was an entire Y, like from the headers back... So is it really worth the money, time, and effort to get it installed?

·
Admin - David Mack
30,924 Posts
I thought it was an entire Y, like from the headers back... So is it really worth the money, time, and effort to get it installed?
A number of DT members have had the y-pipe done and they said they could feel a difference in the truck. They also said they liked the new sound from the pipes. It wasn't a big change in the sound but it was very noticeable. I haven't done the change out yet but it's on the short list with a set of headers and new muffler. I'm sick of the Blowmaster noise!

:)

·
New to the Hemi World
92 Posts
I have the factory 2007 Y-Pipe sitting in the garage.

At least the last time I checked it was in there.

·
Registered
3,227 Posts
What exactly do you need? The Y pipe after the cats or the cats and the Y pipe complete like in the picture you posted?
It seems that several different things are being talked about.

If you need the cats then the Magnaflow Y pipe does no good until after you have the complete factory pipe.

·
"I'll go all in."
626 Posts
I'm not the OP. ;)

I was mistaken and thought it was a Y-pipe like what comes in a LT set sorta.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.