DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this has been brought up before but I can't help bringing it back up.
I was underneath the truck today doing a little inspecting. The one thing I noticed just staring at it, where the Y-pipe comes into the cat before the muffler. Looking at two pipes literally squished side by side into a 2 7/8's opening. My thoughts on this is alot of restriction here and can't be good.
My question to anyone who has an answer is: What if I were to cut out that area of the pipe where it is crunched, freeing up the pipes apart and have 2 pieces welded separately. Therefore having true duals and adding the identical muffler ( F/M 40 D/S ) beside each other?
Would this cause any performance problems?

·
Registered
322 Posts
You might free up a little power by doing that, but that is a lot of work for a power increase that might not be noticable. You will only be doing "part of the job". To get the most out of a dual set up, you will need to include an "H" configuration in order to stabilze the pulses between the two sides of the engine/exhaust. Step up to free flowing mufflers, and plan on swapping out your exhaust manifolds for a set of good quality headers and route the exhaust pipes with a minimum of curves and bends. And while you are at it, consider a CAI. And while you are at it.........

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I get it......Thanks...........Just a thought.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.