DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
BEE Ready!
1,274 Posts
Being up here in New York, I gotta have stainless or it will rust out. The shop actually quoted me about $250 in labor in addition to ordering the extra stainless piping so that everything fits into place. The guy told me that a custom job like this will take a few hours.

This kit has the necessary piping and length needed to do the job. I'm hoping that with it already being cut and mandrel bent that it will cut down the amount of labor cost since there will less work for the shop to do. Plus there might be less of a chance that the shop does some kind of cob job. Just wondering if this kit and company are legit.
There is other options out there besides going stainless. For example, there are companies that will spray the whole undercarriage of your truck so it won't rust out. What I did to protect my welds from rusting on my exhaust is I hit them with some VHT height temp header paint. I also used it to hide the small amount of pipe that could be seen before my tips. The can was about $6 I think and I hardly used any of it.

Just trying to give you options other than spending such a large amount of $$$ on something that can be done for a fraction of the cost.

·
Registered
168 Posts
y pipe

A single exhaust with the Y pipe will do better than duals. The reduced backend pressure will kill your torque. You hear some people who have done this wish they didn't go to duals.
i dont understand the point of a y pipe with a sigle exhaust,wouldnt the y make it a double exhaust? anyone have pics?

·
Registered
335 Posts
Yipe pipe $30 from Summit. $50 for the pipe and weld job.

·
-Arana-
7,088 Posts
i dont understand the point of a y pipe with a sigle exhaust,wouldnt the y make it a double exhaust? anyone have pics?
The y pipe connects from the headers to the muffler pipe which turns into one pipe

·
Registered
878 Posts
There is other options out there besides going stainless. For example, there are companies that will spray the whole undercarriage of your truck so it won't rust out. What I did to protect my welds from rusting on my exhaust is I hit them with some VHT height temp header paint. I also used it to hide the small amount of pipe that could be seen before my tips. The can was about $6 I think and I hardly used any of it.

Just trying to give you options other than spending such a large amount of $$$ on something that can be done for a fraction of the cost.
You have never seen a car or truck that has spent a few winters in upstate N.Y. My wifes Aunt lived there for 5 years then moved back here to Long Island and I did an oil change on her Jeep Liberty for her. Crawling under that truck it looked like it had sat beside the Titanic on the ocean floor since the day it sank back in 1912. My daughter attended Buffalo State for 2 years and the car I gave her came back with alot of rust on it. Stainless Steel will last the life of the truck/car up there as the body will rust out around it.

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
Looking forward.

·
Registered
5,980 Posts
Being up here in New York, I gotta have stainless or it will rust out. The shop actually quoted me about $250 in labor in addition to ordering the extra stainless piping so that everything fits into place. The guy told me that a custom job like this will take a few hours.

This kit has the necessary piping and length needed to do the job. I'm hoping that with it already being cut and mandrel bent that it will cut down the amount of labor cost since there will less work for the shop to do. Plus there might be less of a chance that the shop does some kind of cob job. Just wondering if this kit and company are legit.

Wow, I would try another shop if you can that is high but if you can't do better well then it's your call.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Exhaust

So whats the best way to go to get the mild rumble I'm looking for....get a y pipe but what muffler and what size, I've seen people saying they bought a 28" etc

21 - 29 of 29 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.