DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2005 Grand Caravan with the DVD system. When I purchased the vehicle, the dealer told me it was equipped for Wireless headphones with the DVD system, but it did not have them. Now I am wanting to purchase them before taking a 10-hour vacation ride next week. The dealer says that it takes the "XRV" headphones, which are $38.00 per headset. I would like to possibly purchase better ones at Best Buy or somewhere, but am not sure what I need?

Can somebody tell me whether these are normal FM wireless, or are they Infrared, or what? What do I need to look for at a local retailer that will work with my Grand Caravan? Any help would be greatly appreciated! I need to purchase this week. Thanks! :)

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
As far as I can tell by doing a Google Search they are infa-red type......Ask the question at a local dealer....

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I tried a pair of Infrared headsets that my buddy had and they did not work. It was just static in the headsets......any thoughts on that?

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
Yes, go to a local dealer (audio store)......and see what they suggest.....you can even try the local Dodge Dealer, they may have an audio shop they deal with they can send you to

·
Registered
103 Posts
aftermarket infared headphones retail for about $40. I use audiovox mvirhs headphones everyday for that price. just buy the factory ones.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
the only thing about the factory ones is they have those really cheap foamy earpieces on them. I was hoping to purchase some aftermarket sets that are more of the cushiony leather type earcushions.

Soo, am I understanding that the 2005 Grand Caravan has the FM signal style headsets? Not Infrared? And if that is so, how can I tell what frequency that the DVD system is using to know what headsets to purchase?

·
Registered
890 Posts
Honestly a good stereo shop should be able point you in the right direction in about 30 seconds. Maybe even be able to help you over the phone.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.