DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· DCSNET
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any Skyfi2 hardwired in a RAM? Any advice on wiring is appreciated.
Thanks

· Vertically-Challenged
15,566 Posts
i have the SkyFi not the SkyFi2 but what do you need to know exactly, i have installed XM radio in 3 different vehicles.

· Sporting Clays Addict
132 Posts
I have my XM SkyFi2 hardwired except for the antenna. I drilled a hole in the little storage compartment and ran cables through there. I used a PanaVise mount since the ProFit didn't fit too well. For power, I just tapped into the extra +12v line running to the radio.

· DCSNET
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wiring

Which wire do I use so that the XM will come on when I turn ther radio on? The Skyfi2 supposedly has an auto on feature that enables this..
Thanks

· Sporting Clays Addict
132 Posts
I leave my SkyFi2 on 24/7. That way I automatically have 30 mins of songs in the buffer in case nothing is on I like, or I can catch the previous 30 mins of Coast To Coast AM in the morning. :)

· Registered
96 Posts
If you want the Skyfi to come on and go off automatically....what you will need to do is tap the power wire from your XM into your 12v Acc. wire at your radio instead of your 12v constant. the 12v Acc wire only has power when the radio is on, therefore your SkyFi will only power up when your radio is turned off

Hope that all made sense to you and helps out!

· DCSNET
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Wired up

I wired it to the pink and yellow wire on the head unit. The XM will now come on when the key is on, it does not come on with the radio. This seems ok since now when I turn the igniton off the XM will go off as well
Thanks for the help!!!!
Dcs

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.