DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am planning on buying a new Pioneer uead unit that is XM ready. I have been doing research on this and I know that i have to have the tuner and the antenna. But the site I am getting it from says that I have to have an adapter. What does the adapter do? Do i need it? If anyone has a similar set up, could you please explain to me.

·
Banned
3,902 Posts
The adaptor should run from the XM tuner to your head unit. So, yes you will need it.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Are you buying the pioneer xm unit or terk's Xm Direct unit? if the pioneer, then no you don't need an adaptor. if it is the terk unit then yes, the brain is universal, and there are adaptors for each type of radio the only other adaptor i can think of is for the actual antenna. some older units used an antenna with two plugs(terrestrial and sattelite) all new antennas are single plug(combined) the adaptor is needed to split 1 into 2

·
Registered
905 Posts
Richrw1 is correct. If you are buying a direct connect xm tuner from pioneer then no adaptor is needed. And that method is a true digital connection versus and fm mod or fm transmition.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.