DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So Xenon lights are AWESOME!! i love the way they are so crisp and they just light up the road. when you see someone coming down the road with them, the stand out instantly compared to everyone else. These bulbs are pretty common to buy and ive considered buying some. After talking with a friend though, i heard since the bulb burns so much hotter than normal bulbs, you would need to replace the whole housing mechanism of the light. Is this true? If it is true, where could i find a new housing mechanism and is there another alternative that would have the same effect but not force me to totally redo my headlights? Oh, and if its not true, has anyone ever done this? what kind of brightness should i get? what kind of brand should i get?

· Registered
6 Posts
I don't know how they compare to HIDs, but if they're similar then I think any investment under $1500 would be well worth it.

My other car has stock HIDs and the difference between the quality of light is amazing. Everything within its beam is crystal clear. The beam is pretty focused, powerful, and white. I literally see a line differentiating where the beam is and where it's not. If you get near a wall and shine an led flashlight on it, it looks like that. Outside of the beam it's dark.

The main disadvantage I see is that it may not be very good for drivers in front of you if you have them on a truck or suv. Powerful beams of light in your rear view mirror isn't very pleasant.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.