DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok So i'm redoing the exhaust and the shop I'm gonna use said to put in a X pipe with magnaflow high flow mufflers which is fine I think?

I just don't know what to use Y or X pipe so pros/cons?

And I am debating also doing headers at the same time but that'd mean I'd have to order them today in order to get them in time.

Sooooo that being said I've been reading a lot of these threads and just want a bit of input real quick since I still dont' quite get the diff between short/med/long headers.

I'd prefer to keep it under $400 for headers
:WHT:

·
Registered
3,041 Posts
Get longtube headers.

·
Banned
459 Posts
x and Y? Or do you mean x and h? I've always been under the impression that the x pipe was superior the to h as far as flow and back-pressure. So I would go for the x. Headers, always been known that shorties are for horsepower....longs for torque. It's just a matter of what you're looking to get out of them. I've always been raised with "It's the torque that wins the race" mentality, so I would stick with that.

·
Banned
459 Posts
I'm sorry, I misunderstood about your x vs y question (basically improve the y or replace w/ true duals. I believe airram now has pacesetter headers listed for sale through his site www.airram.com. I think he wants slighlty higher than 300 bones for them, but I could be wrong. you can also check ebay. occasionally there's a set that ends up going for around $200.

·
Banned
459 Posts
Bizot said:
I'm looking for part # 70-2211 correct?
yes...just make sure that you get good replacement gaskets. from my understanding, generally the ones that comes with any aftermarket headers aren't worth a sh*t.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ok I think I can get those locally so I'll make sure to do that thanks for the tip!!

Summit had them for 285 or some real good price so I 2nd day aired it :)

This is gonna be fun guys at shop told me to expect around 30whp or something juicy!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.