DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to install my Valentine 1 in my new Ram. How do i get the roof console down and what wires do I need to splice into for a switched 12vdc setup?

Thanks,
D.

·
Banned
3,902 Posts
Why not just run straight from the battery? I did, ran it up through the A-pillar, tucked behind the liner, and out the black wrap on the rear mirror cabling. 10 minute job.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well - it is not switched for one...

I want a switched connection (on and off with the key). Why punch a hole and have to get a grommet, etc to the battery to do it right if there is a switched lead in the upper console to do it right?

D.

·
Banned
3,902 Posts
Mine is OFF/ON with the key.

·
Registered
3,953 Posts
I have a related ?

Which wire does what? I've been wanting to hardwire mine but I'm affraid to nuke it. Mine has a black and a black with white stripe. How would I jack that into the back of the lighter? Be specific I'm slow. ;) TIA

TTURedRaider09 said:
Mine is OFF/ON with the key.

There's no way its direct into the battery then. :)

·
Registered
3,953 Posts
Nevermind. Its a done deal. I went with what seemed right and it was. Imagine that. :D

Maybe I'll start the 'Hidden Cord Club" :WHT:

·
Banned
3,902 Posts
BLACKWOLF said:
I have a related ?

Which wire does what? I've been wanting to hardwire mine but I'm affraid to nuke it. Mine has a black and a black with white stripe. How would I jack that into the back of the lighter? Be specific I'm slow. ;) TIA
Most radar detectors come with a flat cable...no coils in it....that will work.

·
Banned
3,902 Posts
BLACKWOLF said:
Nevermind. Its a done deal. I went with what seemed right and it was. Imagine that. :D

Maybe I'll start the 'Hidden Cord Club" :WHT:
LOL! You beat me.

·
Registered
3,953 Posts
I'm quick, just ask the wife. :D

·
Banned
3,902 Posts
BLACKWOLF said:
There's no way its direct into the battery then. :)
Oh, but it is. My radar detector has a voltage meter on it, and when the voltage meter gets a reading of under a certain number (4 volts, I think), it thinks/knows the ignition is off and kills itself.

·
Registered
3,953 Posts
TTURedRaider09 said:
Oh, but it is. My radar detector has a voltage meter on it, and when the voltage meter gets a reading of under a certain number (4 volts, I think), it thinks/knows the ignition is off and kills itself.
How would the ignition effect the voltage of the battery? I bet your tied into a circut under the hood that operates off the ignition.

·
Banned
3,902 Posts
BLACKWOLF said:
How would the ignition effect the voltage of the battery? I bet your tied into a circut under the hood that operates off the ignition.
It doesn't. I am just assuming that it is measuring the other voltages that go off with the ignition (cig. lighter, seats, ect.) - so when those are turned off....the radar goes off. Thats all I can think of.

·
Registered
3,953 Posts
Its funny how you always come back to that. Seems like someone has some black envy. :cool:

Don't feel bad, graphite is nice too. Just not as nice.

[put your post back][now mine don't make sense][like most of mine]

·
Banned
3,902 Posts
BLACKWOLF said:
Its funny how you always come back to that. Seems like someone has some black envy. :cool:

Don't feel bad, graphite is nice too. Just not as nice.
What are you talking about??? :D

·
Banned
3,902 Posts
Also BW....why are under the "invisible mode"??? Still embarassed about your color?

·
Registered
3,953 Posts
No, I have a "following".

·
Banned
3,902 Posts

·
Registered
3,953 Posts
People that follow me around trying to start shiat. I have no idea why. :D

It's more of an issue on other sites, but I go invisable everywhere except where I moderate. Imagine that, me a mod. :)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.