DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 3.7 and I can't figure out where the Power Wire goes, any help?? Thanks guys. Here are some pics!!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Nick, you were talking about here right??? Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
(sorry about the blurry pics and how dirty it is, I haven't cleaned my truck in over a month...but, if time and weather allows....this weekend :D )

·
Registered
9,813 Posts
Just take the resonator off and it will be ALLOT easyer. It only takes 2 minutes to get the resonator off.

You have allot LESS room than the 4.7L does, so removing the resonator will help you locate it much quicker... and you do wnat to be able to see what your doing because you do NOT want to force anything.

SPEED SAFE, AIR RAM

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah, I'm either gonna do it tonight, or Saturday. Thanks!

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
but you are talking about that area I circled right?

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Anyone thinking of getting an AIR_RAM, definetely do. Nick is a first class guy. I called him last night for some help, and he was going to stay on the phone with me and walk me through it until I got it, but then I ended up having to go before I could get my PW in. He's also helped me on other situations about gears and T-stats. I will definetly be getting the JetStream scoop from him in the near future, I'm still debating on the CIA, but, thats only because I don't know if I want one or not. If I do get one though, it will definetely be AIR_RAM. Thanks Nick! and I definetely recommend him to anyone!

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ok, even though its now pouring outside, I'm gonna pull it up under the carport and see if I can take a stab at it again....any tips other than remove the air box?

·
Registered
9,813 Posts
1) locate your resonator.
2) lossen the clamp that secures the flexable intake hose to the resonator.
3) lift your entire filter box up and remove as ONE peice.

4) lossen the 2 bolts that secure the resonator and remove the resonator.

I hope this helps....

SPEED SAFE, AIR RAM

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
lol, ....I loosened the clamp from the accordian hose to the resonator. I unhooked the hose. I took out both screws and the SOB still wouldn't budge. In the process, I dropped a wrench in my engine compartment, spend 15 minutes trying to find the SOB then spent another 10 trying to get it out. Said I don't know how many choice words!! Then just got pissed, put everything back together and gave up. lol. I guess I'll just wait for someone to chime in who has already installed this thing on a 3.7. Unless you want to take a road trip to Mobile, AL...ha...yeah....I'll get it one of these days. I'm gonna search through the service manual and see WTF I am doing wrong. I appreciate all of your help though!

·
Registered
562 Posts
RammingDodge said:
I'm still debating on the CIA.
Have you tried calling them for advice yet? :D

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
on the CIA?

·
Registered
562 Posts
Sorry dude, just takin' a crack atcha. :D

RammingDodge said:
Anyone thinking of getting an AIR_RAM, definetely do. Nick is a first class guy. I called him last night for some help, and he was going to stay on the phone with me and walk me through it until I got it, but then I ended up having to go before I could get my PW in. He's also helped me on other situations about gears and T-stats. I will definetly be getting the JetStream scoop from him in the near future, I'm still debating on the CIA, but, thats only because I don't know if I want one or not. If I do get one though, it will definetely be AIR_RAM. Thanks Nick! and I definetely recommend him to anyone!

·
Registered
362 Posts
05_hemi said:
Sorry dude, just takin' a crack atcha. :D
:thatfunny

Damn, I missed it the first time around. I feal like an idiot now. :crazy:

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
lol, it's cool. I'm gonna install my coil spacers today and if I have time, play with the PW again!!

·
derekrf
385 Posts
Please post your results/observations when you're done!

I don't think there's a thread yet about using the power wire on the 3.7.

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
derek, I'll let you know. I'm going out there now to try again!!

·
Registered
203 Posts
Whats a power wire ?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.