DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So like, I was tooling around in my wife's RT a while back and went to do a burn out and found that hers wouldn't do it. I had already noticed hers was much slower than mine but this really freaked me out.
Well, last night I was in my RT and went to do a burn out like I had many times before and got nothing but bog. Didn't spin nuttin.
Whats up with this?
I've heard our computers lean how we drive and admit I have been driving it much more like a show car than a muscle car for the last couple of months but daaang.
So, should I try the bogus reprogramming of the acceleration trick (again) or do I just have to drive it like it was stolen everyday to kkeep it from turning into a station wagon?

Has anyone else seen perfomance changes from day to day?
I gotta think there is a good 30hp difference in my wife's car and mine and all I have added is an intake.

·
Registered
332 Posts
grinner So said:
SRT-8!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Do it now!
Don't tell her!
Get the same color!
She'll never know!
KK

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
lol
my goal is to be able to smoke an SRT8 by the time they are released.
I'd take a freakin beating if I parted with this care right now.
I'll grow old with this ride, man. I use to say it will be the last oil-burning vehicle I own but next year I'm gonna have to get a new SS Camaro. The '69 camaro is still my favorite body style in the world (magnum is second) and seeing pics of the new camaro all old school makes me more than ready to make THAT car the last oil-burning vehicle I own.
I'll not seperate from the magnum though. It'll become a show car, driven only on pretty days and I'll trash the camaro.

·
Registered
401 Posts
KK, LMAO

Your sig is freakin hillarious, and made me think of if I could even get away with it lol. As for you Grinner, my car does (even though is a 3.5 HO) want to be driven like NASCAR some days and like I have my grandma in the back on others. Eh....

:rck: Hittin the floor with that gas!

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yeah, they seem to learn driving styles.
When I first got it, I was ball to the wall. Now I driva all sow and creep around water puddles and stuff.
I guess I just need to take it to the track for a while.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I kinda like the reprogram the accelerator trick. My RT had more bogs than Loch Loman. Flip the pedal and now she leaps like a cat in a kennel.

Boston Bob

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
well, I did the reprogram trick, drove it like it ws stolen pretty hard last night and still no smokage.
somthin's up

·
Registered
11 Posts
Damn...I knew something was up with that! Mines been doggish lately but I've kinda been driving it that way. Seems like the shift points got all outta whack. Time to beat it again I guess eh?

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'm wondering if I'm just too stupid to know how to do a freakin burn out.
Yesterday on the way home from work, I visited a vacant parking lot I frequently test drive on. I did the same bogging thing then started easing up on the brake and it smoked em like it use to. Could I have just been braking too hard all this time?
wishful thinking, I know.
I had started wondering if I clogged my air filter when I dyed it. That aint it though. I did the light brake thang on different surfaces all the way home from the parking lot and probably lost an eith inch of tread on the way home. Left a big double scratch in my drive way as I pulled up too. Either I'm goin nuts or the moon is involved with this.

·
Registered
332 Posts
grinner said:
Yesterday on the way home from work, I visited a vacant parking lot I frequently test drive on. I did the same bogging thing then started easing up on the brake and it smoked em like it use to. Could I have just been braking too hard all this time?
wishful thinking, I know.
I had started wondering if I clogged my air filter when I dyed it. That aint it though. I did the light brake thang on different surfaces all the way home from the parking lot and probably lost an eith inch of tread on the way home. Left a big double scratch in my drive way as I pulled up too. Either I'm goin nuts or the moon is involved with this.
http://www.lxforums.com/board/showthread.php?t=12547

·
Registered
332 Posts
!

Originally Posted by grinner

grinner,
My original post was;
You want a burn out. Here's a burn out. (This is a re-post)

Then I posted the link. But for some reason this forum would not let me post the direct link to this burn out video but would let me post a link-to-the-link to this burn out video! Which I acknowledged was a re-post.

WTF!!!. We're just sharing info. Am I that F'd up tonite that I cannot copy & paste a link? (Actually got up and went bass fishing today @ 4:30AM and now it's 9:30PM so it may be me!) Hope it works this time! Go to the other post and click on the link! Duh!

Well, that's about it. This post only has taken me about 35 minutes!
KK

qzking said:

·
Registered
410 Posts
It IS the moon phase. If your Aquarius and the moon is in the third phase and your Magnum is prone not to burn out. I read this is in the Owners Manual, I just can't find the page. LOL

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Like I'd ever have that on, man.
What's silly is the fact that I have to turn it off everytime I start the car.

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
same thing with having to turn off the auto-dimming rear-view mirror.
Those things should just stay off until I turn em on
... which would be never.

·
Banned
18 Posts
Feathe rthe gas hard once she breaks free and then ease up on the brakes youll do a nice burn out event in a ford fairmont.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.