DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

WTF!!!!! intake manifold not covered under 7-70?!?!!!

2K views 40 replies 20 participants last post by  stickshiftsrule 
#1 ·
My truck is sitting in a dodge service bay.........
There are telling me that my intake manifold is warped....the cause of a vacuum leak......that is the cause of my idle-surging issue.

They are also telling me it is not covered on the 7-70 power-train warranty! :VHOT:

BS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How can you NOT consider the intake manifold to be part of the engine????!!!!!! :crazy:

I am on hold with crysler as I type this.......

Any help would be appreciated. :help:

GRRRR!!!!!! :VHOT: :VHOT: :VHOT: :VHOT: :VHOT: :VHOT:

#2 ·
go postal

#3 ·
Hate to barge in but how bad does your idle surge ? As for the warranty, when I bought my truck the dealership told me that anything that has oil and is in contact with it would be covered.

#4 ·
And of course I don't have my warranty guide with me (it's in the truck).
Can anyone verify if it says anywhere that the intake manifold is not covered as part of the engine?

So, far....I'm being told that the "air intake ' is not covered.......I'm argueing that....air intake.....and intake manifold are 2 different things....and manifold should be covered!

I am now on hold for warranty administation.........

#8 ·
BIGBAD4.7 said:
if all falls through i think adamsredlines still has his old manifold fromw hen he swapped out his HO
I actually though of that ..... :D
But I need my truck back, they can get a new one by tomorrow, so I told them to go ahead.
My fight is with crysler.

The dealer spotted my fastman TB though.....so this could get interesting.....
They tried to blame it at first....and my NGK spark-plugs....but I would not back down that those parts were good. (better actually)

#9 ·
stickshiftsrule said:
So, far....I'm being told that the "air intake ' is not covered.......I'm argueing that....air intake.....and intake manifold are 2 different things....and manifold should be covered!

I am now on hold for warranty administation.........
Sounds like the warranty admin person is in a call center and knows diddly about vehicles. I would call air intake the air filter, filter housing and snorkel tube. Manifold is most certainly part of the engine. In my little old pea brain anyway!

Good luck!

#10 ·
Man! That sounds like BS to me. I can see how the exhaust
manifold might not be covered, but since the throtle body
is on the up stream side of the intake manifold, the engine
can't even run with out. So it should definately be
concidered part of the power train.

I'll dig out my manual and see what it says.

#16 ·
Let this be a lesson to all those "go-postal" people..... :)

I don't know how I did it......but I kept my cool, and stayed calm but firm the whole time.

End result:

"well, it comes up as an un-covered part, but we will re-imburse the dealer as though it was".
"you are all set sir, all you have to pay is the $100 dollar deductable".

:crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

I knew I had a leg to stand on when they (dealer) said the warranty on my throttle-body was void.
Like I cared, I knew the fastman's TB was better quality than stock anyway.

But I never messed with the intake manifold.....I still can't believe they use plastic....... :crazy:

#18 · (Edited)
You lucked out. :D

Or is it this one?

#19 ·
Nice Job man !!!!

#20 ·
Good to hear bro.

#26 ·
Right on bro. :tup:

KB

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.