DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Vertically-Challenged
12,020 Posts
FreeLantz said:
Being in the fleet department, I sell vehicles for under cost on a regular basis. There are many components to a car deal that have to be considered. Making gross on the sale of the vehicle is but one of them.

You're not ruining my day. I'm just trying to convey to you that many people in the car business are good and honest, and want to keep you as a customer. You have to find us, but we are out there. ;)

That's why I said earlier, if you are getting the run-around at one dealer, just walk out! Why waste your time with it when there are so many other dealers just waiting to compete for your business?

Expect the best....... and be firm, but also be a gentleman.
Sounds like my dealer i went to. So nice the first time i bought my PT from them a week after i bought the Ram.

I think your getting a good deal but if it seems fishy and skeptical i would leave and go to a different one. Like Lantz said, there are plenty that WANT your business. Good luck

·
Registered
3,048 Posts
SamCarroll said:
Sounds like my dealer i went to. So nice the first time i bought my PT from them a week after i bought the Ram.

I think your getting a good deal but if it seems fishy and skeptical i would leave and go to a different one. Like Lantz said, there are plenty that WANT your business. Good luck
Wow Sam, that is twice that I've seen you agree with FreeLantz in the last week!!! :thatfunny

·
hillbilly technologist
367 Posts
beavis said:
I went to the dealer and we located a 2005 Ram ST SB 4x4 4.7 for $20k. The only option is a sliding window and cloth bench,which is fine. After reading posts in this forum I am not sure about wanting the Hemi or if I am getting a good deal. There are no Hemi's for what I want to spend in my area. I have my salesmen's password for a dealer search so I am sure there is nothing close to me. The sticker is $27k employee price is $23k and then the $3k rebate. I was happy until I started reading this forum. Does this deal sound good or not? Thanks. First of many posts.
Honestly, that deal sounds fine. A brand new 4x4 for $20k is a good price. If you like the truck, then buy it. Don't take everything that people put on this message board as gospel. The 4.7 and 5.7 engines are both good.

·
HEMI Power
993 Posts
Oops, I guess that I overloked the fact that you were getting a 4x4. Yeah, now that sounds like a good deal to me.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I purchased my 04 4.7 4x4 1500 ram new for 16000 out the door. Bonham Chrysler has some of the lowest prices here in Texas. :rck:

·
Registered
47 Posts
Its your truck!

Ultimately - you are the one going to drive and pay for it. I have the 4.7 and its fine for me. For the first few weeks everyone asks that a hemi?, then thats the end. If the smaller motor will do the work that you need then its fine.

However....

If you are attached to having a hemi though - keep searching. I bought a Mustang 4 cyc in my younger days and spent the next nine months wishing it to be a GT. It was a long nine months. So you need to decide how important the hemi is.

Best of luck with your decision.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.