DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got 60k on my 02 Ram and blew the lower hose tonight? Never had a hose come apart in all my years of driving. Last week the gas cap went bad and now this. Got me wondering about DC. Does this seem normal for a hose to be bad so soon? Or maybe something else causing the problem? :help: At this point I'm not liking this truck!
:VHOT:

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! no local parts stores even list the hose. Stealership only. what a racket. Time to trade...............

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
60,000 miles is when all the piddly stuff starts going wrong on a vehicle.
Replace the hose and the gas cap and keep an eye on things.

·
fish on
2,132 Posts
60k is not bad mine let go at 3k lol

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
JTquint said:
You gotta be kidding!
I know what your thinking, this is my first Dodge on over 23 years of driving(always had chevies than Fords) and it isn't giving me a good impression with the piddly things. That and you can't get a friggin hose at the local parts houses. Guess I'm off to the dealer tommorow to get ALL the hoses and a new t-stat. Any suggestions on the t-stat? modify or stay with stock?

·
Registered
628 Posts
Can't get the hose at the local parts store 'cus these trucks are still relatively new and they don't need to stock them. Your tell'in me that can't order one to get in a day or two? I'm looking at changing out the upper & lower soon and I priced them at about $13.00 each online + shipping. dealer will be $20.00 +. T-stats...., why do you need a new one? I keep mine stock @ 195 degree.

https://www.rockauto.com/dbphp/mak,DODGE,2005
or
http://www.dodgeparts.cc/cart/?pn=52028827-AD&item_code=2217&z=Add+to+Cart

·
Registered
4,315 Posts
I replace all my hoses every 40,000 miles as prevententive maintenance

Beats being on some freeway and having a water hose go

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I figured why I have the system drained I would replace all the hoses and T-stat, rather than it going bad next week and having to go through it again.
I could probably order one on line from somewhere but that doesn't do me any good in the mean time. Luckily for me I still have one of my trusty ole' Fords to drive while my Dodge is broken in the driveway.
I guess since these are such rare trucks and not many on the roads(j/k) is why the local parts places don't list them.

·
Registered
469 Posts
I had a hose split while setting in the driveway, pressure builds when
it is shut off. Guess I needed a good long walk....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.