DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I consider myself to be semi-retired. I kinda have a hobby of fixing up used light bars. In an effort to justify this hobby, I kind of picked up a secondary hobby of building wreckers. That way I can mount up and use the lights I work on. My first project is a 1971 Dodge D20. It is beat pretty bad, so I am pretty sure I will be asking a lot of questions while the project takes form. My current avatar is the truck with my first custom rebuilt light bar mounted on a homemade rack. Putting it there instead of on the roof of the cab gets rid of a lot of noise I would otherwise have to deal with. Before anyone asks, yes, the light bar is blue. I live in one of two states that allows wreckers to run blue warning lights. We are not restricted to just amber.

·
Premium Member
30,924 Posts
Welcome to DT!

Love the rebuild threads!

:dtrocks:

·
Slow Rider
196 Posts
Will be looking forward to the updates. You are not alone, I know of several wrecker resto's in progress. Don't think any of them are here however.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you both for the enthusiasm. That might help me get out there when the weather is less than perfect. XD Seriously though, I am still recovering from an October surgery and I just got the okay to lift 2 pounds max. So I will recover and do this, but it will be little things like electrical (nothing electrical except the ignition switch works) until I get the okay from the VA to bust some bolts loose.

Oh yeah on a side note...After I made my login, I was worried someone would misinterpret it to mean I wreck D20's rather than making a wrecker from one/them. I actually wondered if a mod would approve me with such a name. :p

·
Premium Member
30,924 Posts
Thank you both for the enthusiasm. That might help me get out there when the weather is less than perfect. XD Seriously though, I am still recovering from an October surgery and I just got the okay to lift 2 pounds max. So I will recover and do this, but it will be little things like electrical (nothing electrical except the ignition switch works) until I get the okay from the VA to bust some bolts loose.

Oh yeah on a side note...After I made my login, I was worried someone would misinterpret it to mean I wreck D20's rather than making a wrecker from one/them. I actually wondered if a mod would approve me with such a name. :p
I see no problem with your ID name at all. Besides, who doesn't love wrecker?!?!?

:dev

·
Old Cars, Strong Hearts
791 Posts
Oh yeah on a side note...After I made my login, I was worried someone would misinterpret it to mean I wreck D20's rather than making a wrecker from one/them.
LOL! Well, after reading your opening post, it is quite obvious which is true & which isn't. ;)

WELCOME to DT ... & ... I, too, will be looking forward to your pics as you progress with this project.

A friend of mine put together an amber light bar for his former truck ... he seemed to really enjoy the challenge of making it work.

Cort, www.oldcarsstronghearts.com
pig&cowValves.paceMaker * 1979 CC to 2003 MGM + 81mc
"You can say there's no such thing as Santa" | Elmo'N'Patsy | 'Grandma Got Run Over By A Reindeer'

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.