DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night on the way home from work some kids in there daddys convertible jaguar XKR were out joy ridding . i seen them come off the highway turning right coming towards me when he lost it , he slid sideways with drivers side coming at me when he overcorrected whipped it around and shot right in front of me . i nailed him behind the right front tire . rolled my my bumber under , now i have one helluva tire rub when i turn coners , pisses me off when these little *******s think they own the roads and when they have an accident start making excuses why it wasnt there fault that they lost control of the sports car, i overheard him tell the officer that the two pavements between the highway and the road he was turning on were different. i suppose it had nothing to do with romping on the gas peddle while making the turn. the bad part is i was a 1/4 mile from the house.
 

·
All Around Great Guy
Joined
·
12,675 Posts
Sorry for you. At least you are ok. Kids will always be kids and as much as you or i want to bash em' it will never change. The only thing that can come out of this positive is you get your ride fixed and hopefully they will learn their lesson and stop driving erratically.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,851 Posts
the worse part of all of it in the state of texas you have to be 50% or more at fault before the insurance pays ( and their insurance company decides that and your decides their % of fault) and if you feel different you have to fight it in court


now your insurance will cover your truck as long ( i am sure you do) as you have the coverage

we just went through it with our almost 17 year old either way good luck
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
getting the truck fixed is not my biggest problem , when i try to trade it in or sale it, it will show its been wrecked, now the price is gonna go down . i wouldnt want to pay top dollar for a vehicle thats been wrecked on the front end, , i take good care of my vehicles for that reason ,resale value ,
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
430 Posts
rmdrake said:
getting the truck fixed is not my biggest problem , when i try to trade it in or sale it, it will show its been wrecked, now the price is gonna go down . i wouldnt want to pay top dollar for a vehicle thats been wrecked on the front end, , i take good care of my vehicles for that reason ,resale value ,
Look into "diminished value" allowance when you settle with the insurance company.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
1_ton_mega_cab said:
the worse part of all of it in the state of texas you have to be 50% or more at fault before the insurance pays ( and their insurance company decides that and your decides their % of fault) and if you feel different you have to fight it in court


now your insurance will cover your truck as long ( i am sure you do) as you have the coverage

we just went through it with our almost 17 year old either way good luck[/QU the insurance company is gonna blame me for him loosing control of the car? how can that be ? the only way to avoid that accident was to see into the future and take another route home, i had my truck pulled off the road in the grass trying to get away from the *******, he got the ticket for "failure to control speed" and if i get 50% blamed im gonna get a ticket for "failure to control temper"
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,851 Posts
rmdrake said:
1_ton_mega_cab said:
the worse part of all of it in the state of texas you have to be 50% or more at fault before the insurance pays ( and their insurance company decides that and your decides their % of fault) and if you feel different you have to fight it in court


now your insurance will cover your truck as long ( i am sure you do) as you have the coverage

we just went through it with our almost 17 year old either way good luck[/QU the insurance company is gonna blame me for him loosing control of the car? how can that be ? the only way to avoid that accident was to see into the future and take another route home, i had my truck pulled off the road in the grass trying to get away from the *******, he got the ticket for "failure to control speed" and if i get 50% blamed im gonna get a ticket for "failure to control temper"

lol i dont blame ya there

our kids was turning right on a green narrow and guy did a yield to right turn u-turn and the collided and his insurance said matt could have avoided the crash and denied our claim

the car is a 2001 s40 volvo with like 40 k i just had to put the bumper cover back on i just screwed it back on and replace the headlight so no big deal on my end ( not worth going to court)

but the other guy threatened law suit to my insurance but they denied his claim anyway and he only had basic coverage ( it was an old falling apart far from classic chevy pickup) so he was on his own for the repairs
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It took all day on the phone with claim departments, the adjuster, both mine and his insurance offices, :VHOT: we both have allstate "THE GOOD HANDS PEOPLE" what a joke.finally got a confirmation for a rental truck , not a car or truck in the county. called all the big 3 in car rentals absolutely no cars. earliest i can get one is friday, never had that problem before, well anyway i took the truck to the dealership to get fixed, hopefully i can get OEM parts. ther is a possibillity there could be more tempers to be flaring in my near future, we will see how it goes. anybody else heard of this "dimminished value"
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
167 Posts
rmdrake said:
anybody else heard of this "dimminished value"
Yes, but not every state recognizes diminished value claims. I'm not sure about TX, but FL residents can claim diminished value only if they were not at-fault & only from the other party's carrier, not their own. GA requires diminished value payments any time a vehicle repair claim is filed, claimant or insured.

The catch in most states is you have to prove that your "properly repaired" truck has actually lost value. If you can point out where it's been repaired, the insurance co will simply refer you back to the body shop. The best I've seen is a $500 "appearance allowance" given to oil a very squeaky wheel (noisy claimant), not pay actual diminished value.

BTW, I was an auto claims adjuster for over 7 years with a large, well-known insurance company.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,130 Posts
Sorry to hear your bad luck. Hope all works out for you. And "F" those punks for causing you trouble.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
do yall think its out of line for me to ask the ins adjuster for some money to check the alignment on the front end , WELL HE THOUGHT I WAS OUT OF LINE. @#$% him. i will be getting it checked
 

·
LPG Hemi
Joined
·
2,785 Posts
rmdrake said:
do yall think its out of line for me to ask the ins adjuster for some money to check the alignment on the front end , WELL HE THOUGHT I WAS OUT OF LINE. @#$% him. i will be getting it checked

Damn right you should get it checked!
You need to do whatevers reasonable, to make sure your truck is 100%.
I believe that after a front end prang like that, getting an alignment is REASONABLE.
These officious, pompous, more than my jopbs worth little puppets of big businesses.....................who do they think they are???
You have a legit reason to ask for the alignment. Go get it mate.

I hate these insurance loss adjuster dummies. They're as bad as lawyers and stuff!
The insurance companies take your money, then try every which way they can, to get out of paying up.
I wonder what they'd do, if we the customers started to wiggle and squirm our way out of paying for the insurance?
Sure as eggs is eggs, they'd cancel.
In the UK you have to state how much your vehicle is worth to get insurance. Then, if you have a total loss & need to claim, the claims adjuster comes out and says stuff like.......well, with wear and tear and depreciation etc etc, your vehicle is worth xxx amount. It's usually well below your insured value.
Bollocks !!!!! I want what I insured the thing for, not what you say it's worth!
WOW, you hit a raw nerve, you really got me going there ha ha ha.
Al.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
772 Posts
On some newer cars in the UK at least the vehicle computer can be interogated to find the last 30 secs or so of imputs, maybe not of help to you now but its worth knowing about. Its like when you break down in the middle of nowhere & they can locate where you are just by a phone call & its not triangulation with the mobile cells either !!! I know its a Vauxhall (GM) thing here but Jags are all UK built too I think !!!

Martin
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top