DodgeTalk Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw that u guys once wrapped the grill on a wrx. What does it cost to wrap the grill on an '09 Ram 1500 if I bought it to u? The grill shell is chrome and I want it silver. How close is your silver to ps2 silver?

And since I'm in s.Fla, how much would the vinyl itself cost? That's if I do it myself...

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Guess not

·
AROD'S TRUCK
4,410 Posts
I've heard its really hard to do a wrap on a grille because of the curves etc. Thats what my local place said. I wanted them to just do a black wrap on it.

·
Low N Slow
4,459 Posts
Not sure what it cost as a single piece but mine came out great. Also minimal prep is needed vs paint.

Just do a google on 3m wrap material to get ideas on vinyl prices by ft.
Sent from my SCH-I405 using Tapatalk

·
AROD'S TRUCK
4,410 Posts
Not sure what it cost as a single piece but mine came out great. Also minimal prep is needed vs paint.

Just do a google on 3m wrap material to get ideas on vinyl prices by ft.
Cool, if you look at my thread Minor Face Lift I used plasti dip to black out the chrome but I want to use vinyl but the local place told me I couldn't.

·
Low N Slow
4,459 Posts
It doable as my truck is wrapped and there a matte green 4g recently wrapped on a forum too. Youtube has a vid of a 3g getting wrapped in flat or matte black.

·
AROD'S TRUCK
4,410 Posts
Found that matte black ram video. They did the truck with the exception of the grille LOL.
I know the video your talking about. I think I ran across ti back when I was about to paint the grille.

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thx. But if you look on this vendors site, They show a WRX's grill wrapped in carbon fiber vinyl.

·
Tricked out Ram
12,635 Posts
I know this is a bit old but I do a lot of wraps in CF. 3M is going to have the best adhesive accompanied with 3M 94 adhesion promoter. It can be done. CF material alone would be around 75-100 not counting you other materials and labor. Maybe hydro dipping would be a viable alternative?

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I know this is a bit old but I do a lot of wraps in CF. 3M is going to have the best adhesive accompanied with 3M 94 adhesion promoter. It can be done. CF material alone would be around 75-100 not counting you other materials and labor. Maybe hydro dipping would be a viable alternative?
Im just going to paint it eventually

·
Pavement Pounder
254 Posts
Hydrodip it...

·
Tricked out Ram
12,635 Posts
i dont know if anyone suggested it or not but ever think about plastidipping it?
Generally not a good idea when it's going good to get splattered with bug guts and rock chips

·
Registered
9 Posts
Generally not a good idea when it's going good to get splattered with bug guts and rock chips
if you put it on properly which would be 3-4 coats rocks pretty much bounce right off. i dipped everything from the body line down on my dakota almost a year ago and once i hit it with some all purpose and a power washer it looks brand new. its just a cheap option to think about. two cans would be more then enough so i think $12 is worth the investment. just my two pennies

·
Pavement Pounder
254 Posts
I had my grille wrapped, and added a clear bra no issues. Been on a few years, it was Chrome and is now black.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts