DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i have a 1998 ram 1500 4x4 ,,,this is my problem on ocasion it will feel like i,m driving over rumble strips on the side of the hiway its very random and intermiton and only last for a second or 2 tops and only between 60 and 80k's ive checked whell bearings and replaced them shocks been replaced tires are fairly new .... now when this happens it does not affect the steering at all !!!!!!!!!! it does not pull the vehichle to one side !!!!!!1 it just feels like a rumble strip i,ve been looking for the problem for 2 months now please anyone with some advice?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

·
Registered
5 Posts
Check your drive shaft U-joints and the u-bolts holding the U-joints to the front and rear yokes. If the U-joints are in the process of brinelling or the u-bolts are loosening it can cause an intermitant vibration in the drive train depending on how the angles are linning up. This is based on load, bumps or potholes in the road, etc. Hope this helps, Let me know if it works for you.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I agree with elderh2000,
drive shaft u-joints is my first guess. if any movement in the caps your u-joint needs eplaced.

·
Registered
3 Posts
flexplate?

check your flex plate i had the same problem and after changing shafts bearings and u joints i figured it was in the tranny ....and viola there was a shattered flex plate .changed it and never had the problem again.just a thought to check

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.