• It Will Never Happen

Votes: 71 8.6%
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
My local Dodge guys tells me that they are indeed developing the Liberties Diesel engine for the 1500 Ram. That is indeed what I am waiting for. I got a 3 year lease deal with a $15,000 guaranteed trade in value, for which I will be moving to the more efficient small block diesel engine. I'm sure the HP and torque will be refined to meet the Ram's needs. But if it is low, like the v8 Magnum's numbers, I'm sure it'll be superchiped and have plenty of bolt-on's that'll give us what we crave.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Bowjack said:
:IDEA:

... with GM & DC joining forces to manufacture, and compete for a share of the hybrid-vehicle market. Looks like the auto/truck builders may have already decided which direction to take, with regards to fuel-efficient vehicles. We are more likely to see a Hybrid 1500 before the diesel 1500.

It Will Never Happen :)

Actually, I there was a study done. I admit, I'm too lazy tonight to get the credentials, so I'll just post what I remember. The report was that hybrid owners will have to drive hundreds of thousands of miles to get their money back from the extra cost of the hybrid.

That is speaking of today's hybrids. I believe that the diesel engine is the wave of the future. Deisel is something like 40% more efficient than gasoline, and now that is can be made from animal fat and vegitable oil, I expect the small block engine to be exactly what GM and Ford will be moving to in the future. Face it.....hybrids might help gas efficiency, but they still rely on fossil fuels. Trucks will not be completely electric, and deisel fuel looks to be the most promising engine technology for the next 10-15 years at least.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Consider my bubble busted. :bawl:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.