DodgeTalk Forum banner

Would You Buy a Diesel-Powered Ram 1500?

• Yes

Votes: 218 76.0%
  • No

Votes: 39 13.6%
  • Not Really Sure

Votes: 30 10.5%
Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Mopar Rules!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
11,190 Posts

Attachments

·
Premium Member
30,924 Posts
The 2010 Ram is available with 390hp. :rck:
The 4BT get around 25 to 30-mpg on the highway. Bone stock it only hits about 130 to 150-hp but lightly mod the engines can put-out over 500-HP. If you have the money, I've seen some that top out over 700. Besides, you comparing apples and oranges. The key with the 4BT is the torque. There's a YouTube clip where the truck is anchored, in gear, and the engine is idling; the truck is spinning the the rear tires. Even the 6.4L Hemi can't do that.

:D

·
Registered
626 Posts
if diesel is 30 cent more a gallon, but you get 2 miles more than gas the price per mile is the same. plus you do not have the cost of plugs and wires!!

·
Registered
786 Posts
They need to make a Cummins powered 1500 with a single front axel, I would buy one for SURE!!
Exactly what i was thinking!

·
diesel guy
441 Posts
Probably not cause they will over neuter it with the bs egr/dpf/urea crap so it would only get 2-3 mpg

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Skid's Customz
2,020 Posts
if im going to buy a diesel, its going to be a 2500 or 3500. so it can work hard and play even harder. but a diesel in a 1500 probably COULD get good gas mileage if it didnt have a bunch of emission bs on it

·
Registered
367 Posts
With the new Ferd Eco-Boast making headlines - not to mention the very low upcharge for that option (plus the diesel like performance), I doubt that anybody could make money with a diesel in a half ton these days.

·
Premium Member
30,924 Posts
With the new Ferd Eco-Boast making headlines - not to mention the very low upcharge for that option (plus the diesel like performance), I doubt that anybody could make money with a diesel in a half ton these days.
The only way the manufactures are going to make money on the half-ton oil burners is if the fuel mileage is there. If the fuel mileage is markedly better then there will be a flood of plumbers, electricians, and other businesses that would flock to the diesel powered truck. The money is not going to come from Joe Public buying these trucks; it'll come from the business and fleet sales.

:imo

41 - 51 of 51 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.