DodgeTalk Forum banner

Would You Buy a Diesel-Powered Ram 1500?

• Yes

Votes: 218 76.0%
  • No

Votes: 39 13.6%
  • Not Really Sure

Votes: 30 10.5%
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Jeep Driver
32,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dodge just announced they will be introducing a new light-duty Cummins diesel engine in the Ram 1500 truck sometime after 2009. We'd like to know how DT members feel about being able to get a diesel in the 1500 for the first time ever. Would you be interested in buying a truck like this if the price was reasonable? Vote in the poll, and post your thoughts here!

·
The Green Machine
1,722 Posts
A smaller Cummins diesel would be the perfect addition to the 1500 line up.

My next truck will be a 2500 though - I prefer an SFA on my 4x4 :D

·
Registered
4,186 Posts
I would love to have one if it has the aftermarket support that the current Cummins has.

·
MORE! MORE! MORE!
2,914 Posts
They need to make a Cummins powered 1500 with a single front axel, I would buy one for SURE!!

·
voo doo 1 I am buggin out
6,355 Posts
Not sure if I would ..... it would depend on pricing cause the Diesel in the 2500 is a pretty pricey option and considering the price of diesel is higher then gas here.
I dont think the 1500 4x4 IFS front ends would hold up to the torque of a diesel either.

·
Registered
257 Posts
A 1500, with a diesel, and a 40 gallon fuels tank...i could go for weeks withg out filling up!...bring it on!

·
Registered
552 Posts
well after the beef up the axles transmission and suspension to support the cummins you got a 2500.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I think that it is a great idea. More options is always better.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I agree; however, if the price is in the 1500 range then count me in.

Aboynamedsue said:
well after the beef up the axles transmission and suspension to support the cummins you got a 2500.

·
Layin' Low
2,032 Posts
Im already planning to buy one in 2010

·
Registered
948 Posts
Please! the sooner the better!

While your at it put a diesel in the caliber or avenger for my wife! VW is coming out with a clean diesel Jetta with estimates of 50mpg in 08. Very tempting....

·
AirFuelEddie
5,443 Posts
The more diesels the better. The diesel is a superior engine to the gasoline engine in both efficiency and power potential. Other than my vintage Dodge Car, I have one Cummins diesel already and would never get rid of it, but would be interested in getting a smaller vehicle like the 1500 diesel for my old lady. I hope if they do use diesel they utilize the next gen. of direct injection for the head and injection equipment, much as the new visteon direct low pressure injection used I think on the new volkswagen diesels.

·
Registered
5,980 Posts
Yeah, I think that I can go for one of those also only if the price is right.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Who wouldnt? Gas maybe a kick in the ass right now, but cummins is one badass motor.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.