DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to the truck world after having a car, I have an 05 Ram 1500 4X2 Quad Cab and wanted to lower it. The question is, will lowering the truck void the warranty?

· Registered
1,252 Posts
In the end it depends on the dealer.....in a perfect world with no such thing as a corporate a$$hole looking for profit regardless of what it does to the consumer, then no it wouldnt......we have a law to protect us from that..... However....it is becoming more and more popular among dealers to void the warranty on a lot of things because you can't produce receipts for things like oil changes. I saw it happen to an unrelated part to a friend of mine last week. So if you have problems with an engine....your warranty will still be ok, but if a dealer can remotely link the problem to any modification.....like a ball-joint going out.....even though it may not be related to the suspension mod, they will likely blame it on that and void the warranty.

The problem with the act that protects us is that the dealer is supposed prove that the modification caused the failure, however, most of them have more money to prove than you do to disprove......kind of a reversed innocent until proven guilty scenario.

The second problem is that in most cases, the dealer is the police, judge, and jury on all complaints......you do not get very far without a lawyer and some $$$$. I will probably never again buy an extended warranty for this reason.

What you should do is find a dealer in the local area that has a shop manager that like to have lifts, drops, mods, etc and take your business to them. I will be carrying my truck all the way to Gonzales to get my work done from now on as they will cover warranties on lots of things, even if it is modded. I know they covered problems on suspension with 8" lfts, and even covered a rod damaged by carbon buildup after a guy ran NOS for 8000 miles. Very reputible dealer.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.