DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have an 05 hemi ram with true dual exhaust with spintechprostreets and was wondering if a x or h pipe would better performance or the sound of the dual set up

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i dont really want it quieter the louder the better

·
Banned
3,902 Posts
jdetten said:
i dont really want it quieter the louder the better
The more pipe, the deeper.

If you want LOUD, add a electric cutout before the cat(s)....that will be LOUD AS HELL. Plus you will get much better performance.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i really love the sound of the spintechs at wot it sounds great just wondering about the h or x pipe

·
Banned
3,902 Posts
I'm saying to keep the spintechs. That will give you your bang and rumble all the time. But when you want a LOUD ROAR, just press a switch and open the electric cutout. That will be LOUD AS HELL and people will be looking at how those pipes are so LOUD!!! Then you decide, no more LOUD, press the switch again and close the cutout. Back to normal.

I think that would be a badass setup!!!

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
where do you buy those at also would they hurt anything and would muffler shops give you any crap about installing them

·
Banned
3,902 Posts
I got mine from www.dmhperformance.com They are some badass guys!!!

Hurt anything? Nope. But remember, if you put it BEFORE your cat(s) - you will be bypassing emissions. So you will need to put something (tape, plastic), anything just temporary over it to pass. That will be easy, just a heads up. They shouldn't give you crap about it. Just tell them where you wanted and facing what way. Your done!

·
Hemi Power
2,017 Posts
jdetten said:
i have an 05 hemi ram with true dual exhaust with spintechprostreets and was wondering if a x or h pipe would better performance or the sound of the dual set up
I dunno, but your avatar rules lol

·
Banned
3,902 Posts
Black05Hemi said:
I dunno, but your avatar rules lol
Hell ya! Darth vadar with Mr. Potato Head eyes!!! Can't get any better than that!!! :rck:

·
Banned
3,902 Posts
slammed1 said:
where did you get that info?!?!?!?!?!
Ahh nuts!

The SHORTER the pipe, the louder.

·
Daytona Project
799 Posts
I've had several Dodge trucks with duals and they do perform better with the crossover"H" pipe.My first Dodge truck came factory with this set up,1978 L'il Red Express Truck,since then I've used this set up.The last time I tried running staight pipes on a custom ordered L.E.R. 92 L'il Red Express Dakota,it actually lost power compared to the factory single set up,and it had a choppy sound.I went right back to them and had the"H-pipe" installed and it made the most power and sounded better.Try it,you'll like it,good luck.

·
Registered
155 Posts
H and X pipes are great because they equalize the pressure, and insure that both exhausts are getting the exact same flow. I'd do it if I wasn't so caught up in not having alot of money.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
ok i think i might have to get it done next week what would be better h or x

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.