·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let's assume it's a shot a day?

·
Registered
4 Posts
first off, lets be practical about this question. no doubt about it, you're going to encounter normal engine wear over a long period of time. nitrous use aside.

Nitrous oxide works as an oxidizer. it's not flammible, it simply enhances combustion. in a properly setup environment, your result is going to net a higher cyllinder pressure once lit, and results in more horsepower and tq. basically, the resulting pressures are putting more stress on the rings and bearings than in naturally aspirated form.

that being said, if you're asking about a non-typical bearing / ring package wear over time, based on a once a day correct useage of a 75 shot N20, i'd say that you will, over time wear the rings and bearings more so than in NA form. However, if you've ever taken down a nitrous use engine vs a basic NA engine, the visual damage in bearing wear is hardly noticable if at all, as compared to NA. bearing wear occours reguardless, but it is there.

will this affect preformance in NA form? perhaps a slight bit over a LONG period of time. but overall? probably not enough to notice.

oh, and BTW, if you're not spraying at least 150HP worth of nitrous, you're pretty much wasting your time IMHO. ;D

·
Registered
40 Posts
I've been running Nitrous and a Blower on my Stock 3.9 for nearly 4 years now, as long as the Nitrous kit is installed correctly, proper spark plug heat range is used and
High octane fuel is used when your planning to spray, you should have no issues with it!

Just don't get crazy with it, and over do it!

75 HP SHOT on a 318 will not hurt it, just feels like it has grown a few cubes when you kick it in!

·
Registered
502 Posts
dakota502 said:
there is only so much youll get out of the engine with nos and its not good for it it wears them out faster
Entirely wrong. Nitrous is the absolute best bang for buck when it comes to an engine. If you aren't overdoing it, and follow the necessary procedures, you don't wear the engine out any faster.

·
Troubleshooter
1,516 Posts
Nos and a blower on a stock 3.9?
That's just bad ass! Dyno numbers are impressive too.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.