DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to post a before and after for my work in progress.

Attachments

·
Registered
23,005 Posts
Keep up the good work man. The grille and fogs make a big difference on the front end. :tup:

KB

·
452 Posts
lookin good man!

·
Registered
4,315 Posts
Good start :rck:

·
Registered
145 Posts
Lookin good!

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks, guys. It's hard to believe what a difference two minor appearance mods have made. I'm very happy with it so far. :D

·
UCF 2012
614 Posts
Hey nice, looks good, now get that bumper painted and it will look great. I see you joined the light almond club too. Thanks

·
Registered
16,621 Posts
good job :tup:

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
HemiKid said:
now get that bumper painted and it will look great.
That's next on the agenda... :cheers:

·
Getting my life back!
945 Posts
what did the foglight kit cost? looks nice by the way!

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
DodgeThisRam06 said:
what did the foglight kit cost? looks nice by the way!
Thanks. The foglight kit was $144.00 shipped off ebay and fits 02-07 ST models NOT prewired for foglights. All SLT's are prewired and take a different kit, although the only difference is wiring harness and switch. This kit came with an OE looking rocker switch, which i didn't install...couldn't bring myself to drill a hole in the firewall and dashboard. I just wired them to come on with the parking lights, that way I can have fogs on with high beams, or just on with the parking lights. Looks pretty killer with just the parking lights and fogs on. :rck:

·
Registered
207 Posts
Lookin good...Nice start.
:drivingz:

·
Yea, It's a Hemi
6,865 Posts
andygev35 said:
Thanks. The foglight kit was $144.00 shipped off ebay and fits 02-07 ST models NOT prewired for foglights. All SLT's are prewired and take a different kit, although the only difference is wiring harness and switch. This kit came with an OE looking rocker switch, which i didn't install...couldn't bring myself to drill a hole in the firewall and dashboard. I just wired them to come on with the parking lights, that way I can have fogs on with high beams, or just on with the parking lights. Looks pretty killer with just the parking lights and fogs on. :rck:
Mind explaining how you wired it up? Did you get your power and ground from both or what?

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
maka said:
Mind explaining how you wired it up? Did you get your power and ground from both or what?
The ST wiring harness that came with it has its own relay, rocker switch, heavy guage power wire, heavy guage ground wire, and a much smaller purple wire.
The power and ground go straight to the battery, the switch plugs into a lead from the relay. The purple wire went to the power wire for the parking light. I took off the driver's side headlight, located the wire loom going to the park light bulb and spliced into the pink/blk stripe wire. (that's the power wire to the park light.) Whenever I turn on the park light, it sends power to the relay, allowing it to close, providing power to the fogs. The rocker switch itself is in the "on" position and i just put some wire ties on it, left it under the hood and tucked it away. I just couldn't see drilling holes all over the place to mount a switch that I'd always leave turned on anyway. :crazy:

·
Yea, It's a Hemi
6,865 Posts
andygev35 said:
The ST wiring harness that came with it has its own relay, rocker switch, heavy guage power wire, heavy guage ground wire, and a much smaller purple wire.
The power and ground go straight to the battery, the switch plugs into a lead from the relay. The purple wire went to the power wire for the parking light. I took off the driver's side headlight, located the wire loom going to the park light bulb and spliced into the pink/blk stripe wire. (that's the power wire to the park light.) Whenever I turn on the park light, it sends power to the relay, allowing it to close, providing power to the fogs. The rocker switch itself is in the "on" position and i just put some wire ties on it, left it under the hood and tucked it away. I just couldn't see drilling holes all over the place to mount a switch that I'd always leave turned on anyway. :crazy:
Sounds interesting. Everytime I have tried to wire it into the headlights 1 of the headlights and both fogs wouldnt work. I might try the parking lights. So 1 parking light is basically running both of your fogs?

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
maka said:
Sounds interesting. Everytime I have tried to wire it into the headlights 1 of the headlights and both fogs wouldnt work. I might try the parking lights. So 1 parking light is basically running both of your fogs?
Well, to be precise, the power wire from the one park light is closing the relay.
The relay itself, when closed, allows power straight from the battery to go to the fogs. If you think about it, basically, when the power wire from the park light is ON, it powers a very small solenoid in the relay. That small solenoid closes a contactor which applies the 12V needed for the fogs to come on. I hope I didn't lose ya there.
It sounds like you're trying to get all the power for your fogs directly from your headlights. Do you not have the harness with the battery leads and relay? If you don't, and are running the fogs straight off the headlights, you risk overloading the wiring for the headlamps...I don't think the wiring is heavy enough to handle 110W...(55W for the headlamp and 55W for the fog per side)

·
Yea, It's a Hemi
6,865 Posts
andygev35 said:
Well, to be precise, the power wire from the one foglight is closing the relay.
The relay itself, when closed, allows power straight from the battery to go to the fogs. If you think about it, basically, when the power wire from the park light is ON, it powers a very small solenoid in the relay. That small solenoid closes a contactor which applies the 12V needed for the fogs to come on. I hope I didn't lose ya there.
It sounds like you're trying to get all the power for your fogs directly from your headlights. Do you not have the harness with the battery leads and relay? If you don't, and are running the fogs straight off the headlights, you risk overloading the wiring for the headlamps...I don't think the wiring is heavy enough to handle 110W...(55W for the headlamp and 55W for the fog per side)
no I dont have a relay. I have the aftermarket toggle from advanced auto and I have the stock Fog lamps. So I tried almost everything I could do because at night the headlights automatically stay on when I get out of the truck and I might forget my fogs on when I leave too and wont notice. I was afraid my battery would go dead without me knowing and then be stranded. So I have no idea... Might try taking a wire from the headlamps to behind the toggle switch. Might work that way.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Not sure how electrically sound it is, but if you don't have the ST harness, then you might try to splice into the park lights separately on each side and put the ground wires to the frame. I know the power wire for the park lights on the driver side is pink w/blk stripe. Probably the same color on the pass side, but not sure. :dunno:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.