DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered my custom memorial plates back in March, and my coworkers have been bugging the hell out of me to finally take my dealer plates (reversed with a Tom Leykis 101 sticker) off.

When I ordered it at the DMV, I was fortunate enough to win the affections of the girl taking down my request options, so I could have put down anything, so long as it wasn't taken. Originally, I wanted "IT HAULS", but it was already taken. Then I tried other variations of that (IT HAWLS), but it wasn't the same. My other choice was ANTI-SUV, but I didn't want any road rage issues, or come outside and have key marks of "SUV" engraved on the paint, so I nixed that idea. And the other ideas were HEMI NOW (Hear me now?), or U HEMI (You hear me?). I could have gotten away with HAULS AZZ, since I also own a 300ZX, but that choice was not a part of my top 3 choices.

Finally, I came up with HEMI ROR, which basically means HEAR ME ROAR.

What do you think?

·
Registered
608 Posts
Glad you clarified that. My first thought was hemorids.

·
Cass_A_Nova
1,258 Posts
that sounds like a good choice. I ordered one but it isn't coming till september it will say BEAST05 my friends call my truck the beast and I graduated this year

·
Jeep Driver
32,497 Posts
ProfeZZor X said:
I ordered my custom memorial plates back in March, and my coworkers have been bugging the hell out of me to finally take my dealer plates (reversed with a Tom Leykis 101 sticker) off.

When I ordered it at the DMV, I was fortunate enough to win the affections of the girl taking down my request options, so I could have put down anything, so long as it wasn't taken. Originally, I wanted "IT HAULS", but it was already taken. Then I tried other variations of that (IT HAWLS), but it wasn't the same. My other choice was ANTI-SUV, but I didn't want any road rage issues, or come outside and have key marks of "SUV" engraved on the paint, so I nixed that idea. And the other ideas were HEMI NOW (Hear me now?), or U HEMI (You hear me?). I could have gotten away with HAULS AZZ, since I also own a 300ZX, but that choice was not a part of my top 3 choices.

Finally, I came up with HEMI ROR, which basically means HEAR ME ROAR.

What do you think?
Just "Hemi Roar" makes sense... the Hemi exhaust does have a nice tone afterall. :)

I have never had any luck with personalized plates. In Texas you can only have six characters (although I think that is supposed to change soon), and this limits the creativity you can use with your plate. Every idea I ever had for my old truck that I thought was worth asking for, was already taken. :(

·
Sporting Clays Addict
132 Posts
Even is you had put HAULS AZZ and had the affection of the girl, it would probably have been nixed. She isn't the ultimate authority in granting/denying plates. :(

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
dervari said:
Even is you had put HAULS AZZ and had the affection of the girl, it would probably have been nixed. She isn't the ultimate authority in granting/denying plates. :(
I thought about that too, but it could have been worth a shot. A friend of mine has TT NUT (conceivably misread as Titty Nut) on his twin turbo 300ZX, so anything is possible.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.