Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Folks,
I'm really confused on this one. 2000 V-10. Came home from towing and she sat for about a week. Now she cranks fine but won't fire. Did the keyswitch 3 times to get the codes and come up with "no bus". Originally I thought I might have been hit by a gas siphoner as the gauge was reading empty. But now from reading on the board it might not be working. After adding some gas and cranking again, I checked the fuel rail schrader and got a face-full so she's getting fuel.
The trailer lights were plugged in the whole time. Guess I'll try disconnecting the battery to reset the PCM. Do I need ro remove or reset anything else to reboot?
Please advise !
Belikin Brian

·
Registered
10,824 Posts
no, just unplug the battery for 15 minutes and then hook it back up. also may want to check and make sure battery is fully charged.

·
Registered
10,824 Posts
BelizeBrian said:
Thanks Justin, will do. Battery charge is ok so far as she's still cranking those 8 liters pretty fast. Wish me luck.
ok, good luck and hopefully that does it.:D

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
OK folks, I need some help here. Made the PCM braindead by pulling the fuses, disconnected batt. pulled instrument cluster, checked connections, look good.
Tracked down a buzzing noise, when the key is to "on" to the Automatic Shutdown relay, swithed relay with identical one..no difference. Seems like something is activating the ASD. Book says cam sensor, crank sensor and ignition signal would "shutter down". According to the wiring diagram the vehicle speed sensor would do the same. I seem to remember someone writing that the VSS could also cause shutdown. Shouldn't there also be feedback fro the fuel rail pressure sensor? Shuts down so the system doesn't keep pumping after you wrack her up?
What does it mean if that shutdown relay is buzzing? Sounds like I can also here the rear fuel pump. Doesn't make sense...
Even a couple beers aren't helping...<sniff>
Belikin Brian

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Okay, held down the trip odometer button with the key on and I get the codes:

I suspect 999 means end of test but what are the others? I assume I'm testing the cluster itself but I have no listing of those codes. Just the regular OBDII codes.

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
I think those codes relate to your speed sensor and no speed data being relayed to the pcm.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks, ok, found them also. The cluster's not getting the signal from the vehicle speed sensor which should come through the PCM. Now, since the automatic shutdown relay is buzzing (tested ok), and I believe that can also be triggered by a bad VSS, is there a chance that it's just the VSS? Or does the fact that it won't run and the OBD says "no bus" during the keyswitch indicate that the PCM itself is bad. During automatic shutdown is the PCM shutdown too?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.