DodgeTalk Forum banner

Should I put these cab lights on my truck?

• No, they look stupid on your 1500!!

Votes: 72 75.8%
  • Yes, get them!!!

Votes: 23 24.2%
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since I only got 7 poll responses in the Modified/concept forum, I am posting this here. Should I get the lights or not? Thanks to Weigel for photochopping them for me.

Attachments

·
Registered
9,232 Posts
YES...then lift it

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I want to lift it...just costs too much, but I will eventually

·
Registered
3,953 Posts
Trade it in for a 4X4 with the lights. Lifted 2wds are the gay. And a stock 2wd with roof lights is just wrong. Sounds like you want to be a big truck guy and looks it with the push bar. Don't waste your money on trying to turn your 2wd into big truck. Buy one. Just my opinion.

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
BLACKWOLF said:
Trade it in for a 4X4 with the lights. Lifted 2wds are the gay. And a stock 2wd with roof lights is just wrong. Sounds like you want to be a big truck guy and looks it with the push bar. Don't waste your money on trying to turn your 2wd into big truck. Buy one. Just my opinion.
I will if you will make of the difference $$$.... :D I just want it for looks anyway. I don't plan on taking it anywhere it isn't meant to go, but I do appreciate the opinions.

·
Registered
3,953 Posts
RammingDodge said:
I will if you will make of the difference $$$.... :D I just want it for looks anyway. I don't plan on taking it anywhere it isn't meant to go, but I do appreciate the opinions.

I hear you on the coin. I wanted a loaded 4X4 CTD QC. I had to do what worked. I also crave a lifted truck with push bar with lights, flares, roof lights, solid roll bar with lights, fat tires and would prolly never thrash on it. But lifting a 2wd is like putting srt-10 badges on my Hemi. False advertising/poser. Not for me. ;)

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
BLACKWOLF said:
I hear you on the coin. I wanted a loaded 4X4 CTD QC. I had to do what worked. I also crave a lifted truck with push bar with lights, flares, roof lights, solid roll bar with lights, fat tires and would prolly never thrash on it. But lifting a 2wd is like putting srt-10 badges on my Hemi. False advertising/poser. Not for me. ;)
that would be a very sweet truck!! I would love that, and even with the 4X4 probably wouldn't take it out either. I used to have an S-10, and I was going to put bigger tires on it, with fender flares that stuck out, etc. but when I went to buy the flares, they guy told me he has seen too many people make their 2WD look like a 4WD and spend all that money, then go buy a 4WD. I don't want to put a 6" lift or anything because I don't like that on a 2WD either, but, I would like just a 3" with 33" tires. Just something to give it a better stance, you know?? But it's cool...as they say, different strokes for different folks. :D BTW, I love your truck!!

·
Registered
9,232 Posts
depends on the type of lift. a lot of baja trucks are two wheel drives.

·
Registered
4,315 Posts
BLACKWOLF said:
Trade it in for a 4X4 with the lights. Lifted 2wds are the gay. And a stock 2wd with roof lights is just wrong. Sounds like you want to be a big truck guy and looks it with the push bar. .
Funny that's how I feel about NERF BARS on 1500s

·
Jeep Driver
32,497 Posts
Personally, I wouldn't put the clearance lights on your truck or even mine, and mine is a 4x4. My '99 was a 2500 4x4 with 35's, and the clearance lights looked right at home on it. :)

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
well so far, it looks like its going to be a NO - thanks guys

·
I'm Not A Post Whore! :(
5,089 Posts
yeah, I'm not a fan of clearance lights on 1500's

leave that to the HD's

and on lifting 2wd's, if you use it, it doesn't matter if it's 2wd or 4wd, I know guys in 2wds who use their trucks offroad more than most 4x4 owners would ever have nightmares of

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Chauncy said:
yeah, I'm not a fan of clearance lights on 1500's

leave that to the HD's

and on lifting 2wd's, if you use it, it doesn't matter if it's 2wd or 4wd, I know guys in 2wds who use their trucks offroad more than most 4x4 owners would ever have nightmares of
yeah that's what I'm gonna do, leave it to the HD's
but I wouldn't use it, I'd be too afraid I'd break something EXPENSIVE!! lol

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
uncbob said:
Funny that's how I feel about NERF BARS on 1500s
Whats wrong with nerf bars on 1500's ???????

·
Registered
9,232 Posts
i dont think the size, 1500, 2500 or 3500 has a diff onthe look of the lights. they are all the same body style....i just think you need to make the stance of the 1500 a bit more ruggesd. i.e at leas a 3 inch body lift and 33s or 35s

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
byrdawg13 said:
....i just think you need to make the stance of the 1500 a bit more ruggesd. i.e at leas a 3 inch body lift and 33s or 35s
well, I am planning on doing that someday, but I guess I will decide on the lights once I have all of that done.

·
The Legendary Cross Ram
3,696 Posts
Leave 'em offa your truck...in my opinion.

·
Registered
4,315 Posts
Tommyboy1 said:
Whats wrong with nerf bars on 1500's ???????
IMHO they ruin the lines of the truck

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
uncbob said:
IMHO they ruin the lines of the truck

I've got them, and I love them. My fiancee can't hardly get in the truck without them. She's "almost 5' 1" ", so she uses them everyday

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.