·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sport a roof rack or not?

·
5 Years... 6 Dodges
25,280 Posts
If you throw stuff up on top regularly... go for it. If not, I say ditch it.

*awaits response for vote*

·
Registered
533 Posts
I think it looks better without, I would'nt use it on any vehicle anyway.

·
WORLD'S GREATEST TRUCK
4,435 Posts
Much cleaner lines without, it only goes up on mine for the Thule soft carrier

·
Keystoner
5,534 Posts
like everyone else. if your not using it throw it in the garage or sell it....

·
Registered
476 Posts
Yeah i agree with most, take it off when not in use. I took mine off and it has a much cleaner look to it. Just throw them back on if ya ever need to use it.........only take a few mins.

·
Registered
3,722 Posts
Mine has been off for four years except on road trips when I put stuff on top.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I took mine off to see how it looked and I liked it. It gives the D its own look. But my hubby hated so I put it back on :(

·
Registered
217 Posts
I like the look with it on... besides you never know when you might use it... I've used it a few times this winter not planning to, so I'm glad it's there, and I keep straps in the rear storage area just in case I need to strap a mouthy passenger up there :thatfunny . or extra cargo. :cool:

·
Registered
229 Posts
I like the clean lines with out it but, I need mine from time to time in my work and it would be a pain to put it on and off all the time.
Fred T.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I ditched the factory racks for thule utility bars for my snowboard carrier. during the summer months i just take the whole thing off, mostly because i don't want to leave the carrier on and its eaiser just to remove the bars themselves. i don't really care about the way it looks to be honest. i'm too lazy to care.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Mine is without, but only because that is how it came when I bought it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I think it depends on the look you are going for if you're gonna lift it and put a grill gaurd on it with "muddn" tires id keep it on. But on the other hand if you're going to lower it and ride spinners or big rims id take it off.

·
Sicker Than All
517 Posts
i took mine off and i think it looks much better. i only used it once so i figured i didn't really need it on there.

·
WORLD'S GREATEST TRUCK
4,435 Posts
If it was painted in AB, I might consider putting it back on. It would have to be durable enough, also.

·
Registered
217 Posts
I saw a white D with the cargo bars painted white... but the rails the bars mount to were still black. It looked really dumb if you ask me... especially since it looked like they used flat or satin spray paint on it... too bad I did not have my camera... :WHT:

·
Registered
6 Posts
My 2000 SLT+ is missing it's original set and I prefer the look of the Durango with the cross rails...

If anyone has a pair they want to sell... name your price. ;)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.