1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Fade To Black
488 Posts
I vote on ;) Cant hardly tell it's on in the pic

·
Registered
3,048 Posts
I vote without...I'm not a big fan of the bug shields myself.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I vote on. It saves chipping the paint on your hood and chipping your windshield.

·
Banned
3,902 Posts
Take it off.

·
Banned
524 Posts
Off, reduce wind drag and turbulence (sp?) on the mirrors.....LOL gain that .05 mpg!!

I've never had one, and have had 0 problems with "chipping" on my paint.....bugs are a pain in the ass, but keeping the paint up will take care of that easily.....

·
Registered
989 Posts
looks better off IMHO

·
Registered
10,637 Posts
Off Bro... While I almost went either way (calm down... Either way on the VOTE...Sick minded people).... I do lean a bit on the side of not having one. I am a recent convert myself.

·
Registered
9,813 Posts
It looks better off... And I dont thing they do anything for bugs... When I had one I had bug guts all over the deflector AND the windsheild..... So I personaly think they dont work and it looks better off!

SPEED SAFE, AIR RAM

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
i have the Srt hood and the body shop put the bug deflector on when i said leave it off???? First thing i did when i got home was rip it off, keeps the nice clean lines of the nose in tact!!!

·
Registered
890 Posts
I think it looks better off, especially with the SRT-10 hood. But I like the protection it provides. I have the stock shield, plus the matching fender shields because my truck seems to be a rock magnet, and w/ a stock hood it doesn't bother me. If I had an aftermarket hood I would probably opt for the 3M clear bra.

·
Registered
4,315 Posts
Off

·
Registered
3,953 Posts
AIR_RAM said:
So I personaly think they dont work and it looks better off!

SPEED SAFE, AIR RAM

Ladies and gentlemen! I am in agreement with AirRam. :dropjaw:

I'll even be willing to say the BDs are ugly and look cheap. And look way out of place on a scooped rig.

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
its funny cause when i bought my truck i had the guy throw in the bug deflector free, cause i was saying how i liked it on the truck, man how quickly my mind changed once i got the srt10 hood, take it offf!!!!!!!!!!

·
Jerry Rigged Customs
1,330 Posts
i agree with merc, if its a functional scoop, take it off

·
Registered
562 Posts
Offul.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.