DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Got Horsepower?
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am currently installing an electric brake controller in my 2001 2500 Ram. My previous 94 Ram had a blue trailer brake wire under the dash for this purpose, I can't seem to find one on the 2001. Does anyone know if these trucks had this wire and if so where it is. I don't want to run a wire the whole length of the truck if I don't have to. Thanks.

·
Registered
99 Posts
does your truck have a tow package if so all you need is a plug to plug into the wire under the dash.

·
Got Horsepower?
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes it has a tow package. Is this plug available at the dealer? They had some at the parts store but none in stock for Dodges.

·
Registered
99 Posts
yes it is it is under $10.00 i believe, my 97 came without tow package had to hard wire my harness in. yours is a peice of cake just plug in.
you might check out and rv center also

·
Got Horsepower?
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Found the plug under the dash I'll pick up a connector this week. This is too easy. Thanks.

·
Registered
99 Posts
hopfully you will not be fixing your transmission next like the rest of the dodge owners out here my went out at 64693 miles 1997 1500 slt.

·
Got Horsepower?
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I've had very good luck with Dodge transmissions. I use the OD on/off switch a lot and my race car/trailer combo is fairly lite. I also have a strict maintenence schedule. I know all this doesn't mean much but I've got my fingers crossed. This truck now has 35K on it and shifts well. My previous Ram which i sold a year ago had 150K on it and still shifted like new. I guess I'm lucky.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.