DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody have any experiance wiring up sparkplugs in the tail pipes to ignite exhaust gasses and shoot out flames? Seems kinda cheesy but might be a cool mod to hit a switch and make the hemi breath flames. Probably frowned upon in most states.

·
PROJECT SRT-345
1,480 Posts
All you need are the exhaust fumes, cat or no cat, i thought

Jason

·
Registered
494 Posts
I See This One Getting Ugly Quick!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, you would want to put them right in the tail pipes after the cats and mufflers. Just curious if its been done recently. I certainly wouldnt want to be the first.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
I know how its done Years ago it used to be done on carburated vehicals by loading up the exhuast with lots of unspent fuel and lighting it off with a few good revs with a spark plug in the tailpipe now days with fuel injected cars its done a bit different. you can buy kits for it online for 6o bucks and up. in the tailpipe you install a fuel injector and a spark plug the wires are connected to the same in cab switch, and it gets a little more complicated than that but thats the safest way to do it now days it's not that hard and makes for a good show. Im considering the possability myself

·
4x4, Straight pipe roar!
2,538 Posts
I've wanted to do this for awhile but never had the guts to try it. I'd have to see someone do it with a newer vehicle before I was the guinea pig.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Ive thought about doing the same thing but it would be just my luck that my truck explodes or some car behind me catches on fire hahaha

·
Yeehaw!
1,397 Posts
Gotta see the outcome of this one, might consider doing it myself one day :rck:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.