DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
AROD'S TRUCK
4,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 4 KC Rally 8 lights 130 watts. Should be around 11 amps of draw per light if I did the calculations right. So that would put me at a 16guage wire to use???

What type of relay and fuses should I use. I will be wiring up as sets of two with separate switches for outer and inner lights.

:help::help::help:

·
Registered
31 Posts
You could go at it a couple ways, one 60 or so amp relay(not a common as a 40)

Personally I would wire them up with 2 40 amp relays and a 25 amp fuse to each. You could still use either 0ne or 2 switches(again personally I would use 2 switches) and stick with around a 16-24 guage wire.

I say I would run 2 switches because it is nice to have an option of only running 2 additional lights. especially when most states/provinces have laws against having more than 4 lights on at one time.

Hope this helps some.

·
Premium Member
22,963 Posts
I am running 4 4000 series lights, which are putting out about 13 amps each. I'm running a dual 40amp relay and a 25 amp fuse per par to one switch.

·
AROD'S TRUCK
4,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I decided not to deal with making up my own wiring due to time, So I went down to Jeepers Den aka 4x4 shop and ordered the recommended KC harness for the Rally 800. Getting it today after work and will have it all wired some time this weekend. But thanks for the help anyways guys.

·
Premium Member
22,963 Posts
Cool. Making your own sometimes is better. At least for me it was cause I could route the wires where I wanted them to go. Make my own connections.. and heat shrinked them.. looks factory and you can't see them if you have the hood open.

Good luck with those!

·
AROD'S TRUCK
4,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cool. Making your own sometimes is better. At least for me it was cause I could route the wires where I wanted them to go. Make my own connections.. and heat shrinked them.. looks factory and you can't see them if you have the hood open.

Good luck with those!
Yeah I made a couple before no problems but just dont have the time nor patience right now. I gotten these wiring kits before with my Jeep so they are a piece of cake to use. I will probably end up modifying them a lil bit to suit my likes and needs.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.