DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Yea, It's a Hemi
6,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I have bought the over head console and the auto dimmer mirrors. I have the ST harness and I need to know what wires go to what. Ive head some people have them so I can splice and dice them myself. Anyone know which wires go to which?

·
Yea, It's a Hemi
6,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
2005 dodge ram st and I have the SLT or laramie auto dim mirror and overhead console

·
Yea, It's a Hemi
6,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well I couldnt figure it out so Im selling it now, thanks anyway

·
Registered
23,005 Posts
Weak. C'mon man, you can do it Bro.

KB

·
Yea, It's a Hemi
6,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
KB112 said:
Weak. C'mon man, you can do it Bro.

KB
Im trying now, I have all the wires cut off from the harness and I bought female and male quick connections so I will try to get r done tomorrow. BUT Im affraid I wont have the auto dimming mirror...

·
Registered
23,005 Posts
I never used it on my 02 and I dont have it on my 04, so I dont miss it at all. Especially with a tinted rear window, no biggie for me.

KB

·
Yea, It's a Hemi
6,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yea but im looking at it and it looks like its connected from the console to the mirror, but the damn harness is wrapped up so I dont see if it ends there. So I have no clue if them wire colors are needed?

·
Registered
93 Posts
maka, let me know how it turns out. I paid for my overhead console last Friday and it's being shipped out Monday. I'll need the wiring info! Thanks!

Our STs are going to KICK ASS man =D

·
Yea, It's a Hemi
6,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ok, Im currently putting the males on the end of the harness and then I am going to not even take apart the harness on the truck and just tap into them with the females, I will test each and everyone and hope to get it in about an hour or so. I will tell you which wire goes to which and I will take a few pictures.

·
Yea, It's a Hemi
6,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Heres what I got done so far, I went out and bought a test light so I could find my negatives a lot faster. I will have the dome, 3rd brake light out in no time being that its already there. I suggest you guys go out for $89 and buy the adapter for the harness on the ST models. I paid $20 for 3 boxes of T - tap connections and a test light. Got enough to do them all. I will get working on it tomorrow.

Attachments

·
Registered
93 Posts
I have all of the parts needed already, that's not a problem. I just wanted to make my life easier by getting you to do all of the testing =D

·
Yea, It's a Hemi
6,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ok I need help now. I basically got it all but the damn compass seems to be way off. It almost stays constant at SW. Also the mpg doesnt show and the rest of it all is just a - sign. I think I would have to tap the air tempature some how, can anyone help me and tell me which wire that is. Also I need something to tell me my miles per gallon if i can have that option. I downloaded that manual but it didnt give me any help.
I have a white/purple wire and Im pretty positive that thats the outside temp.
Anyone can help me please.

·
Yea, It's a Hemi
6,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
also my cargo lamp works but my brake light doesnt any help?

·
Yea, It's a Hemi
6,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
to make it helpful this is what ive done
matched all the colors first
then I did
Red/White Grey
tapped overhead lights to dome light and wired it to the 12 volt near the floor so it gets constant 12v and I can use it without dome
thats pretty much it. My brakelight just doesnt work....

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Did you look at the wiring diagram?
I could be wrong but ambient temp sensor is located next to the radiator on the Driver side (btwn headlight & radiator).

BTW
Your PM box is full.

·
Yea, It's a Hemi
6,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I have the wire diagram, Im just so confused with all the pictures I can barely understand the damn thing. Nowhere does it show a white/purple wire. Im pretty sure thats what I need to hook up to the air tempature thing behind my grill. Can I just tap into it from its current location or do I have to find it somewhere else and tap it?

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
From what I read through the manual, I don't think you have to tap into the sensor because the signal is coming from PCM and other modules......

Did you read the section "MESSAGE SYSTEM" on the service manual?
Too many things/much info that I don't know. :huh:
I wish I could help but man, it's so not my thing........

·
Yea, It's a Hemi
6,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
yea this stuff is so damn complicated and most the time theres no answers out there...

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.