DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed an aux. fan on my a/c cooling coil. Mounted an a/c relay. Wired it per the instructions as far as power lug, fan lug, ground lug. But, one lug has to go to the a/c clutch relay. I wired that one to the hot wire going to the a/c clutch, everytime i turn the a/c on it blows the inline 10 amp fuse i have installed between the fan and the a/c relay.

So, my question is where do i pick up the signal to the a/c clutch? I apparently have the wrong wire now. What i want to happen is, the fan to come on and off everytime the a/c cycles on and off. The instructions also said i could wire that lug to a toggle switch or thermo sensor switch. If i wire it to a toggle switch i will probably get out of the truck and leave it running. Running my battery down. I don't know how or where i would put a thermo sensor switch.

Any help that anyone could give me is greatly appreciated.

Thanks Ted

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Anyone??

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
If it keeps blowing fuses, you ain't got big enough fuse. The rest I can't help with. :gr_patrio

·
Older, but no wiser.
989 Posts
The A/C wire you tapped into could be using your circuit as a direct short to ground causing the fuse to blow. If you go to a bigger fuse you may cause other componants to blow or a meltdown in the wire harness. Try connecting to the other wire. If that wont work, you may need to find a grounding circiut. I understand wanting to have the extra cooler but why do you need the fan? Shouldnt the air comming through while you drive be enough?

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the reply Meierznutz, i'll try the other wire and see what happens. You are right i do not really "need" the fan. I just wanted to see if the extra cooling would make the a/c more efficent. Later i am going to replace the mechanical fan and clutch with twin electrics. Then, the extra fan might help out some.

Again, thanks for the reply.

Ted

·
Older, but no wiser.
989 Posts
The extra fan wont help the A/C. Have you had the 134a level tested yet? If you're low it wont cool enough. Rams are known for leaks in the evap core (kind of like a reverse heater core) in the dash. Spend a few bucks on a test kit from the local parts place. Be sure to READ the instructions and use the gage to tell if the levels are good. Dont over fill the system as the stuff needs room to expand. Over filling could do more harm than good. Good Luck... Chris

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.