DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
member of the EH team
1,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so today I used my wipers, which were frozen to the window when I turned them on.

now they stop about 4-6 inches higher teh they used too.

when I turn them on they go down to where they should be then go up, but still rest higher then they should.

I am guessing that there is some kind of adjustment then can be made to bring them back down to the right spot when off.

any help would be great.

03 QC Hemi if that matters

·
Adam
207 Posts
If they are going down first and then going up, then most likely it has moved something somewhere on the wiper trans or messed up something in the motor. It should not park in the middle of the wiper pass. You would have to take the wiper cowl off to see what happened, IMO it is most likely a motor problem. On a good side it is easy to take off the wiper arms. Hope this helps.

·
member of the EH team
1,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mine has done the same thing.... Find a fix?
nope, i took the whole cowl off, adjusted the position of the wipers tested it.

worked perfect put it all back together and the next time they did it again.

i think something is stripped in the mechanism

·
Registered
826 Posts
I also had this problem, havent found a solution, going to the stealership next week to get a few things checked out.

·
member of the EH team
1,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
http://www.dodgetalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=229009&highlight=wiper+adjustment I just found this post on how to fix, but haven't tried it yet on mine. If you try it let me know if it fixed it.

Dan
That pretty much describes exactly what happened to mine.

I went through all those same steps to try and adjust it as well. It did work for me but just temporarily and then they went back to 4" higher than they should be. When it warms up I will try it again but right now it is -30c

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.