DodgeTalk Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so heres my problem, 2010 dodge dakota 4 door big horn 3.7, was driving in rain wipers on intermediatte they quit tried high and low not working tried washing position had washer no wipers. Checked fuse its good checked relays they are popping when you turn switch. Switch is activating relays but not getting fire to motor. Has anyone had this trouble im at my wits end.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well finally found problem!! The tpim is bad. I can get a used one for about a 100 i can get a rebuilt for about 5
300 i can get a new for about 600. Im probably going to get a used one at a local yard if i can find it cheap enough. I found out the two wiper relays arent the only relays in the tpim theres two more on the circuit board that go bad.

·
Registered
17 Posts
OK I'm out of touch here---"TPIM"---IS???? never mind I was able to google it after a bit of wrangling---don't know your exact issue other then wipers but I've come across on Mopar vehicles that a wire(s) on the back of the board has corroded and disconnected from board caused problems---if possible inspect back of board very carefully you may find the problem---rule of thumb and pounded in stone---if the connect is NOT good mechanically it's NOT good electrically--so if your in doubt about about a connection tug on it to see if it's secure----there maybe more issues haven't shown up yet but have over the years come across corroded connections on Mopar vehicles in the strangest places such as internally on connecting plugs--back of boards---firewall connection and others---it's almost appears as a predesign failure requiring harness replacement or board replacement--this has puzzled me for years---your biggest advantage would be if check things out with a VOM before you start replacing things---little involved but may save you bucks by able to repair faulty problem--OH I forgot----also check the/your grounds on the motor (and other places involved)--this can also be done with VOM

1 - 3 of 3 Posts